CWT is one of the world’s leading digital travel management companies and as a Business-to-Business-for-Employees (B2B4E) travel management platform, companies and governments rely on us to keep their people connected – anywhere, anytime, anyhow – and across six continents, we provide their employees with innovative technology and an efficient, safe and secure travel experience.
Our Product and Technology division was formed to lead on our CWT 3.0 digital transformation strategy. With a team of highly skilled and experienced individuals, they deliver and manage efficient, quality, and innovative travel technology solutions and technology services for CWT and its customers worldwide
Our Product & Technology team is seeking for a Desktop Support Specialist that will provide support and maintenance within CWT’s desktop computing environment.
This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, laptop, thin clients, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance.
This role will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required. Duties include work in the areas of user and systems requirements and analysis, computer systems support, application and network troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance.
- Responsible for end user hardware troubleshooting, monitoring and maintenance.
- Provides windows file system security rights management: granting, and maintaining privileges.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, installs and configures End User Computing devices, peripheral equipment, network hardware, and software both remotely and onsite.
- Provides support for virtual teams at various locations utilizing remote monitoring and management software to resolve customer requests.
- Provides Citrix client user support, including VDI/Thin Client.
- Monitors Service Now and consistently updates tickets daily with work performed and troubleshooting information.
- Consistently follows and maintains Asset Management policies and procedures.
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility, and builds strong professional working relationships with customers.
- Coordinates activities, as needed, with other support or implementation team members.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to supervisor, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, chat, or in-person communications.
Experience & education:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, IT, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ relevant experience required with moderate depth of knowledge.
- Experience performing technical support for user-facing or End User Computing services.
- Experienced in one or more operating systems, hardware platforms, networking and application support.
- Experience with enterprise ticketing software
- Experience in Active Directory administration; users, groups, computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge in the following: Business software applications, Collaboration tools, Hardware and Accessories, Remote Computing, Security, Telephony and Video conferencing, Service Now.
Knowledge of industry standard Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity practices, applications and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of VDI/Citrix/Thin Client technologies
- Ability to use open-ended questions and active listening to gather information on a problem
- Possess and maintain a positive attitude in various situations.
- Ability to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot IT systems.
- Understand and readily comply with CWT’s security policies
CWT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
CWT is fully committed to the health and wellbeing of its employees. CWT can only offer employment to those applicants in the United States that are fully vaccinated as of January 4th 2022.
As part of the application and / or offer process, you will be asked to provide evidence of your vaccination or exemption status and this evidence will be retained in your personnel records .
To apply for this job please visit mycwt.com.