Leidos Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Center has an immediate opening for an experienced, and motivated Cyber Intelligence Analyst in Gaithersburg – MD.
As a Cyber Intelligence Analyst, you will be focused on defending Leidos’ global networks through threat hunting, and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and nation state actors. In this role, you will perform data analysis, incident response, investigative analysis, and research on existing and emerging cyber threats, particularly those directed against Leidos’ global networks. You will be expected to "think like an adversary" and engage in threat hunting operations leveraging your understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures employed by advanced threats, combined with intelligence from multiple sources.
Additionally, you will provide reporting and briefings to other teams and leadership in order to maintain appropriate levels of situational awareness, and contribute to technical innovation to further evolve Leidos’ defensive capabilities and methodologies.
– Analyze network and host activity associated with both successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers.
– Perform network traffic analysis utilizing raw packet data, net flow, IDS, and custom sensor output.
– Leverage understanding of tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats to create and add custom signatures that mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise.
– Employ advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction and intelligence gathering.
– Coordinate resources during enterprise incident response efforts, driving incidents to resolution.
– Identify and evaluate new sources of intelligence, and integrate numerous types of cyber security data sources into cyber threat analysis products.
– Proactively research emerging cyber threats. Apply analytical understanding of attacker methodologies and tactics, system vulnerabilities, and key indicators of attacks and exploits.
– Produce threat intelligence reports and briefings, that provide situational awareness of cyber threats impacting the company’s global network infrastructure, to every level of the organization.
– Conduct threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures, as well as indicators of attack, in order to detect advanced threats to the enterprise.
– Collaborate using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals.
– Stay abreast of world-wide events that are indicators of developing trends for situational awareness.
– Mentor less experienced team members.
– Provide on-call support for incident response efforts outside of core hours as needed.
– Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of relevant experience in Information / Cyber Security. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
– Experience in conventional network/host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics, or malware analysis.
– Experience performing "deep dive" analysis and correlation of log data from multiple sources including PCAP and forensic artifacts.
– Experience with incident response activities involving APT threat actors, and working ongoing pervasive intrusion sets.
– Strong understanding of Operating Systems and Network Protocols.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools, and the Unix/Linux command line.
– Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc.
– Experience with Splunk (preferred) or other SIEM-type platform
– Capable and comfortable communicating actionable threat intelligence to both technical and executive-level stakeholders.
– Familiarity with common languages (like Perl and Python) to parse logs, automate processes, and integrate systems.
– Previous experience as Threat Researcher and/or Intelligence Analyst.
– Experience with dynamic malware analysis, and reverse engineering.
– Experience in cryptography or cryptanalysis
– Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA signatures.
– Published research papers at conferences or through other mediums (blogs, articles).
– Working knowledge of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Attack (CNA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) tools and techniques.
– A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by those threats.
– Experience applying threat and data modeling, advanced data correlation, and statistical analysis to develop alerts, notable events, investigative dashboards, and metrics driven reports.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.