Own the opportunity as a Cyber Security Analyst and help ensure the mission is never interrupted. At GDIT, we deliver clarity with our cloud solutions and provide meaningful work. Your work will be an important part of transforming our clients for the modern age and help them face any obstacle.
Ensure the safety and security of our nation as a Cyber Security Analyst at GDIT. You will apply the latest technology and apply operational support to deliver actionable intelligence for the Intelligence Community. Here, your work will have meaning and impact as you deliver your best every day.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cyber Security Analyst supporting the customer, you will provide support for designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining enterprise quality systems, networks, and applications for Cyber related investigations across initiatives.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires a security scrub that takes ~3 months
Required skills and demonstrated experience
The candidate shall have the following required skills, certifications and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience performing hands-on forensic review of devices to include laptops and mobile devices, using open source or commercial forensic tools, such as EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, Magnet IEF, or BlackLight.
- Demonstrated experience handling and imaging various types of evidence from Solid State
- Drives (SSD), Hard Disk Drives (HDD), Thumb Drives, Volatile Memory, or Compact Disks.
- Demonstrated experience with data extraction and analysis from various data sources including files, logs, directories, unallocated space, raw images, and custom databases.
- Demonstrated experience parsing data types necessary to extract metadata and content of forensic value from various data sources.
- Demonstrated experience and in depth understanding of multiple operating systems such as Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Demonstrated experience performing hands-on forensic review or reverse engineering of modern mobile devices such as Google Android or Apple iOS.
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualization software and virtualized environments to include ESXi, VMWare, or VirtualBox.
- Demonstrated experience conducting analysis of identified malicious software or code using both static and dynamic malware analysis.
- Demonstrated experience using debuggers and disassemblers such as OllyDbg, WinDbg, IDA Pro, or Binary Ninja.
- Demonstrated experience understanding system kernel level processing to detect and report on significant kernel events such as root kits, hooked functions, call tables, and data structures.
Highly Desired skills and demonstrated experience
Other skills and demonstrated experiences that are highly desired but not mandatory to perform the work, include:
- Demonstrated experience using programming skills using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash.
- Demonstrated experience with Sponsor's enterprise and operational activities, capabilities, technical development programs.
- Demonstrated experience with Sponsor's information cyber security policies and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with risk management standards, Committee on National Security Systems Publication (CNSSP) 1253, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2, 199, 200, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-37, 800-39, 800-53.WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Experience: 5+ years
- Location: Chantilly, VA, on customer site
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.