Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Engineers IT security solutions, performs security engineering, develops security architecture artifacts, oversees penetration testing and security exercises, performs computer OS forensic analysis, supports network security, and automates security compliance for systems. Responsible for engineering security into system design documentation, performing cyber hunt activities, and configuring Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Splunk tools.
- Engineers systems and solutions to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements with emphasis on security as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Deploys and operates cybersecurity tools.
- Leads performance of penetration testing and security exercises.
- Secures network systems and participates in vulnerability scans using Tenable Nessus.
- Utilizes tools such as Zeek and ELSA to perform network security monitoring
- Implements solutions to automate security compliance of systems.
- Collects and reviews security analytic measures and oversees security incident detection activities.
- Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams.
- Ensures that the operating environment is security compliant.
- Evaluates IT enclave systems and assess risk posture and system security findings and recommends mitigation.
- Evaluates analytical and systematic problems of workflows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Ten (10) years of cybersecurity experience engineering and designing IT security solutions
- Certification: CISSP, GIAC, CEH, CISA, CISP, or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree
- Knowledge of Active Directory environment
- Public Trust clearance capability
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.