Job Description BAE Systems has an immediate opening for a Embedded Systems Cyber Security Engineer to support our Combat Vehicles program. Join BAE Systems in our mission to help protect those who protect us!
This position is located at our San Jose, CA site. However, the position can potentially be supported from other Combat Vehicles locations including: Sterling Heights MI, York PA, and Minneapolis, MN.
In this role, the Cyber Security Systems Engineer will:
– Perform cyber security engineering tasks on embedded systems for military vehicle development programs, including security implementation, testing, and mitigating issues from testing.
– Analyze cyber security requirements and controls, support development of risk mitigation plans for vulnerability, and support certification and evaluation effort.
– Support design and development of cyber security architecture and documentation.
– Perform network scans with the existing network scanning tools.
– Communicate with customers, peers, subcontractors, and management. Actively participate in cyber security working groups and Integrated Product Teams (‘IPT’).
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline and 2 years work experience or a Masters Degree in an engineering discipline or the overall equivalent experience.Required Skills and Education
– Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
– Experience/ familiarity with networks, especially Ethernet architecture and associated protocols;
– Ability to analyze the system risks and vulnerabilities of devices on various networks;
– Capable of reading, understanding, and comprehending vehicle electronics (vetronics) architecture diagrams;
– Ability to develop detailed cyber security architecture diagrams;
– Possess highly effective verbal and written communication skills;
– Demonstrated systems thought-process skills (i.e. ability to recognize how changes at the component level can impact the overall system and vice versa);
– Experience with software languages including C, C++, Java, and Python;
– Eligible and able to obtain a secret clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education
– Linux Operating System (OS) and scripting a plus;
– Familiarity with the Department of Defense Information Assurance/Cyber Security requirements and certification processes beneficial;
– Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process a bonus;
– Ability to apply the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) controls and policies and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to the system design and implementation preferred;
– Understanding of or having some working knowledge of Cross Domain Solution significantly helpful in this role;
– Experience with military vehicle systems greatly preferred;
– CompTIA Security+ certification a plus;
– Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) a plus.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 40233BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– San Jose, CA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.