Cyber Security Engineer – Entry Level
Launch a world-class career.
Are you fascinated by cyber security and its role in innovative business solutions? Are you a collaborative problem solver who wants to build a dynamic career making an impact for some of the most influential companies and government agencies in the world? If so, we think CGI is just the place for you.
A typical day working as a Cyber Security Engineer with us is exciting. One moment you could be developing a cybersecurity solution to enhance the quality of IT products and services for our clients. The next you could be working with your manager to map out your career goals and plans to achieve them. Then you could be addressing flagged vulnerabilities within a network or system application. A career at CGI can look like many things. When you join us, you'll have access to limitless upward mobility, opportunity, and entrepreneurship.
**Fall Application Period is from August 21, 2023 through November 3, 2023**
Your future duties and responsibilities
How you'll make an impact:
• Assist with leading agency integration into a cloud-based shared services platform
• Establishing, troubleshooting, and maintaining a secure communication path
• Implement and configure security products for our clients, including vulnerability scanners, endpoint protection tools, firewall, VPN, and network access control
• Support and enhance the client's integration goals by deploying and maintaining security tools and capabilities
• Assist in the maintenance of technical documentation of the agency's architecture and configurations
• Assist the agencies in understanding and implementing continuous cyber monitoring
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
What you'll need:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (i.e., Computer Science, Cyber Security Engineering, Information Security, or similar discipline)
• Apply principles, methods, and knowledge of cybersecurity to approach difficult and narrowly defined technical problems to arrive at automated solutions
• Experience with scripting languages (such as python, JSON), API calls, and data analytics
• A phenomenal attitude and hunger for learning
• Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to work within a collaborative environment
• Ability to work in the U.S. permanently
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship and successful passing of CGI background check is required; candidates must also have ability to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance
Let's talk about benefits
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive insurance options
• 401(k) with company match
• Share purchase plan with a company match
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
• Up to 14 weeks of Maternity Leave with full pay
• 4-week Parental Leave for all non-birth parents
• Attorney-assisted will preparation
• Health savings account
• Disability, life, and accidental death insurance
• Pet insurance
• Work-life balance and flexibility
• Tuition assistance continuous learning opportunities
• Training, mentoring, and career development
• Member assistance program
• Wellness program
• Member resource groups that provide community
The best version of you starts here
We're a global company of owners. Over 90,000 members strong, we bring our diverse backgrounds and perspectives together to solve some of IT and business consulting's toughest problems for some of the world's best companies. Looking for a place that empowers you to explore your full potential and shape your own career? The scale and reach of our impact offer you just that. Join a team of great people, collaborate on meaningful work, and serve the communities you call home while you do it.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $59,000 – $113,500.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.