About this role
You will be joining the Information Security Cybertech Development team as a full stack software engineer in a distributed team responsible for developing web applications (Java/Bootstrap/Angular), data engineering (Perl/Python), mobile applications (iOS) and solutions with third party products.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment that demonstrates agile methodologies to deliver solutions quickly. You will work directly with partners or clients to source and understand the problem, determine and craft the solution that is both robust and quick to market.
The suite of applications developed and maintained by the team are used to improve the firm’s information security threat detection and prevention along with internal and external access and audit assurance.
- Full stack software development and management of the development life cycle
- Web development and creative UX design
- Innovative thinking and understanding complex scenarios
- Exposure to full stack software development
- Direct partner engagement and full software development process management
- Opportunity to research, develop and implement solutions using new technologies
- Personal and technical growth is fostered under the mentorship of a group of vastly experienced, technically focused colleagues
- Operating in an agile environment
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Passionate about technologies and continually learn new technologies
- Strong ability to prioritise, manage and perform multiple tasks
- Curious and diligent to detail
- Able to work individually and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Java EE, Spring 4.0+ Framework
- Wildfly web servers (or similar)
- Working knowledge of source code repositories (GIT or Azure)
- Excellent understanding of object orientated programming
- Experience writing SQL queries (Sybase advantageous)
- Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX operating systems/commands
- Testing technology (JUnit, Jasmine)
- Sybase ASE and/or database modelling
- API Services (SOAP, REST)
- Mark-up languages (XML, JSON)
- Perl or Python
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.