Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Manages security operations to include continuous monitoring and analysis, incident response, vulnerability management to protect information systems and data. Operate and maintain Network Access Control, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, and Data At Rest Encryption as well as tools supporting Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Security, Network Security Monitoring and Security Information and Event Management. Prepares and delivers security operations status reports, collects and analyzes security performance and investment metrics and trends, and reports on the status of security incidents.
- Manages cybersecurity activities across the enterprise and assist with security policies.
- Supervise security monitoring operations and manage vulnerability and threat assessments, network access control, incident response and maintenance.
- Supervise the assembly and review of security assessment and authorization documentation.
- Support briefings, meetings and communicate recommendations and contract status.
- Manage the scope, schedule, and resource allocation for projects and sustaining activities
- Support development of policies, strategies, and communications relative to cybersecurity
- Gather and report on security metrics that demonstrate the relative cost/benefit of the security operations and other cybersecurity initiatives.
- Track the development of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) supporting the mitigation of IT security weaknesses and vulnerabilities and support FISMA reporting.
- Ensures network systems are secure and oversees vulnerability scans using Tenable Nessus.
- Manages Endpoint Security through the use of FireEye.
- Manage detailed assessments of the defensive posture of the network environment.
- Manage cyber situational awareness of the cyber threat landscape and maintain threat monitoring services.
- Ensure cybersecurity policies, procedures, and standards documentation is accurate, current, and relevant.
- Meet security audit mandates, standards, and requirements.
- Effectively manage, monitor, and communicate enterprise security risk by maintaining visibility across the agency enterprise.
- Reduce cost and optimize enterprise cybersecurity posture through efficiencies, reciprocity, security shared services, and automation.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders
- 12 years of computer information technology experience.
- 5 years supervising IT security operations
- Bachelor degree
- Certification: CISSP, GIAC, CEH, CISA, CISP, or equivalent
- Public Trust clearance capability
- Experience in resolving issues and scheduling conflicts and solving complex problems
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills include oral, written, and formal presentations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.