Requisition ID 2018-37544
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise, our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
As such, GD Information Technology (GDIT) seeks a Principal Systems Administrator to apply in-depth sustainment support of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detection of them when prevention fails.
Windows and Linux experience a must. Experience in Fire-eye, Fidelis, Gigamon, Bro, Snort, or Suricata preferred.
* Demonstrates ability to independently understand, troubleshoot, and resolve cyber security incidents involving Tier-2 monitoring and sustainment of Windows and Linux Operating Systems, vendor based Cyber Defense systems like, Fire-Eye, Fidelis, Gigamon, and custom Cyber Defense systems like Bro, Snort, and Suricata.
* Creating administrator and service accounts.
* Communicate with customers and teammates clearly, concisely, and professionally.
* Create functional documentation, standard operating procedures, and granular process checklists.
* Provide input for documentation on new or existing systems.
* Provide peer training, User training, and technical guidance.
* Participate in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
* May interact with Users and evaluate vendor products.
* May develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
* May make recommendations to procure hardware and software, as well coordinate installation and provide backup recovery.
* May serve as a technical team or task leader.
* May program in an administrative language.
* Maintain knowledge of relevant and emerging CND technologies.
* May participate in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
The contract position requires:
* 8 years of related systems administration and analysis experience.
* A TS/SCI clearance
* Candidate’s willingness to obtain and maintain CI Poly.
* An approved DoD 8570 IAT II certification prior to employment. Viable certifications that meet this requirement are Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP. Most candidates obtain the Security+ CE certification.
* The candidate to obtain an 8570 IASAE II within six months from the date of hire. Viable certifications that meet this requirement are CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), or CSSLP.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.