At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a staff manager in our Network Security team within PNC’s Cyber Security Operations organization, you will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH or Columbus, OH.
The Network Security team is responsible for PNC’s network firewalls such as Fortinet, Cisco, Forcepoint (Stonegate), Checkpoint, Bluecoat Proxies, and other network security technologies. As a staff manager you will be responsible to oversee a distributed team of firewall engineers, network analyst and support staff that manage firewall rules, URL whitelisting, URL blacklisting and firmware maintenance. As a staff manager you will be responsible for responding to audit requests, vulnerability responses for production equipment, and coordination of afterhours support.
On call support is inclusive of firewall and proxy updates, patch or code upgrade management during change windows or system migrations. As a staff manager you will be looking to expand our technology footprint utilizing the security features on products such as F5 and ZScaler, and will take operational ownership and control of our various network security platforms and tools. You will have the opportunity to work closely with various Information Technology organizations, Cyber Security organizations and PNC’s lines of business providing consulting services for network security operations.
Candidates must have the ability to work collaboratively with business stakeholders, end users, application architects and developers to provide maximum business systems uptime and performance 24x7x365. Candidates must possess and utilize a strong set of communication skills that allows them to effectively address issues with executive leadership.
- Manages a team that oversees the day-to-day operations and effectiveness of assigned security technology and programs.
- Manages resources that enables security control effectiveness with a team and technology
- Monitor trends and continuously assesses staff/security system capabilities to meet business demands.
- Leads in policy development, audit mitigation, and other tasks related to securing and maintaining the operational health of the infrastructure. Evaluates security systems, teams and processes to provide recommendations to maintain continuity and operational health.
- Documents and revises procedures and playbooks for teams, processes and technology to provide a standard security practice and increase team effectiveness.
Builds Winning Teams – Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change – Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results – Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose – Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others’ contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk – Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.
Information Security Technologies – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.
IT ENVIRONMENT – Working Experience
- Knowledge of an organization’s IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Knowledge of Organization – Working Experience
- Knowledge of the organization’s vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
Data Governance – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to develop and maintain an organization’s data in order to meet business requirements.
Information Assurance – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.
CISA, CISSP, and CISM preferred.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.