Job ID: ********
Updated: Apr 02, 2019
Location: Vernon Hills, IL, United States
The Business Analyst is responsible for performing analytical tasks and research for purposes to develop the overall operations of our transportation services. This role requires thorough and in-depth ability to analyze and interpret data, generate solutions, pay close attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management. The Analyst works closely with TSM team, management and other functional areas such as accounting, distribution center and various carriers to support CDW financial and customer experience initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
– Analyze logistics operations to help identify key areas of opportunity.
– Conduct market research into emerging trends in the Logistics/Transportation services industry to provide recommendations to management to improve business processes, relationships, and cost.
– Manage electronic database(s) as support for identifying issues, trends and opportunities for improvement and cost savings.
– Create and maintain custom and standard reports for management and internal stakeholders to provide visibility into our overall freight operations
– Balance freight GL to ensure all receivables are logged to the appropriate GL and dept.
– Review monthly freight statements to ensure all expenses are logged and posted.
– Assist and support Management in carrier contract negotiations
– Assist in data analytics to drive transportation initiatives and projects
– Assist in executing tasks for internal projects
– Work on projects to improve current processes including collaboration with IT to gather project requirements, act as the liaison between IT and all impacted departments. Work with IT to do testing, arrange and communicate implementation and execution plans.
– Ensure AS400 report accuracy.
– Serve as the communication liaison between carrier partners and various CDW departments on invoice payment issues.
– Ensure all freight invoices are reviewed within thirty days of invoice date.
– Maintain tracking of freight discrepancies to ensure collection with-in thirty days.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
– Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of data analytics experience
– High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of data analytics experience
– 1 years Logistics or Transportation experience.
Other Required Qualifications
– Experience with SQL
– Experience working with Access Database, Power BI, Cognos and/or other business intelligence tools
– Experience completing charts and graphs and providing analysis to peers and management
– Must be detail oriented
– Possess strong organizational skills
– Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
– History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
– Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skill
– Demonstrated ability to do in depth research
– Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels including Senior Leadership
– General understanding of logistics and transportation
– 2 years Logistics or transportation experience
Job Category: Logistics-OperationsJob Type: Full-TimeTravel Percentage: 0%Share:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.