The Pharmacy Markets, Analytics, Product and Strategies (RxMAPS) team is responsible for leading and collaborating cross-functionally with key stakeholders across Pharmacy Services and Blue Shield. The RxMAPS team drives analytic strategy and performs clinical and business analyses necessary to provide consultations and strategic program recommendations to improve cost of health care and optimize outcomes. The Data Analyst – Health, Consultant will report to the Senior Manager, Pharmacy Reporting and Data Management. In this role you will will be a data operations liaison with IT, analytic, and external partners and support large-scale strategic initiative implementation.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and conduct evaluations and studies within limited time frames and produce analyses that are easy for non-technical persons to understand
- Lead/coordinate the design and implementation of reports that integrate data from multiple sources, including design of reporting systems and standardization of metrics and formats across departments and functional areas
- Assess business risks relating to reporting design and production; develop and implement plans to mitigate risks
- Function as facilitator and/or mentor for data reporting projects, teams and task forces; supply consultative advice to cross-functional analytics teams and business units regarding standard business rules and algorithms
- Coordinate interaction between data analysis teams and support functions including information systems, provider relations and medical management
- Lead and support data management initiatives to facilitate data collection (e.g., pharmacy claims data, rebate, provider, and other) with IT and internal and external partners
- Support strategic initiative and innovation planning and lead select data management initiative implementation as assigned
- Be a Subject Matter Expert with pharmacy data, including claims, prescription drug event (PDE), drug reference, formulary, rebate, and provider to facilitate pharmacy mandate reporting and extracts
- Support Pharmacy rebate, pharmacy network, and medical drug rebate contract performance, as needed
- Review and validate other pharmacy reports as needed
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in , Join us!
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires an MPH, MBA, MS, MA in science, social science, public health, health services research or business, or BA/BS with demonstrated equivalent work experience
- Requires at least 7 years of prior relevant experience
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in Health Care (managed care, academic, or gov't payer)
- Previous health plan pharmacy or Pharmacy Benefit Management experience in multi-disciplinary setting preferred.
- Excellent Communication skills for engaging with stakeholders, facilitating discussions, and conveying complex technical concepts. Ability to lead and influence stakeholders while maintaining data quality standards and delivering a high-quality data product is required
- Strong understanding of data management practices, data integration, data warehousing, and data quality is desired
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary and cross functional teams with minimal oversight and direction from the manager required
The pay range for this role is: $109,120.00 to $163,680.00 for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.