Job Title: Data Analyst I
Job ID: ******
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Shadyside
Department: Patient Care Education
Location: 5230 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15232
Prepare, test and implement data collection forms and procedures, develop quality control procedures, and conduct complete and accurate statistical analyses of complex data supporting the research function.
* Assist with the design of automated database systems and developing computerized data monitoring and editing procedures and routines.
* Assist with writing study protocols and development of data collection forms.
* Design and conduct statistical analyses of data and prepare statistics for presentation at meetings.
* This includes applied statistical work and preparation of statistical reports and research in statistical methodology.
* Design and implement systems for data flow and organization of data collection forms.
* This involves maintaining raw data files, verifying and editing data and working with the centers to resolve incomplete and inaccurate data forms.
* Design procedures to analyze and evaluate data, to produce data summaries and reports, and compile statistics.
* This involves producing progress reports, error reports, tables, figures and charts on a regular basis.
* Develop quality control procedures.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, or health science.
* Two years of experience in clinical research with statistical analysis.
* Ability to work independently and also as part of a team offering problem identification and resolution within the data collection and management process.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work closely with investigators and analysts.
* Extremely accurate, well organized and detail-oriented.
* Proficient in computation and statistical analysis.
* Ability to apply appropriate methods and design effective procedures and tools to complete tasks.
* Understanding of computerized databases, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Web Based Applications, SQL and SPSS or similar statistical package; individual should possess solid programming skills and techniques, and knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows XP), and common concepts (e.g. relational model, SQL, etc.).
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Salary Range: $20.60 to $35.57
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.