Requisition ID 2018-43575
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Department ICE Emergency Medicine Administation
Post End Date 7/23/2018
The Data Analyst will analyze data, prepare and review reports, and provide decision support to the Emergency Medicine Service Line (EMSL) leadership team. The activities of the EMSL encompass among other things, the operations of the UAMS Emergency Department, the Clinical Decision Unit at UAMS, and a contract(s) to staff the Emergency Department at Baptist Medical Center in Conway. The position reports directly to the service line administrator and will interact regularly with physician and nursing leadership in the emergency medicine service line.
UAMS offers amazing benefits & perks:
* Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS.
* Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only).
* Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family.
* Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000.
* Leave Time: 11 paid holidays annually, up to 22.5 days of annual vacation leave, 12 days of sick leave.
* Career Training Opportunities.
* Gather data, prepare, or analyze and review a variety of reports including, the monthly emergency department statistics report, monthly operations metrics, productivity reports, monthly staff benefits report, monthly budget reports, quarterly physician scorecards, quarterly action OI report, semi annual time and effort reporting, annual property inventory, and the annual Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Benchmark survey.
* Assist with service line related aspects of the JFR (Justification for Recruitment) process including assistance with business plan development. Prepare PMR requests for non faculty hires. Take a major role in physician/ mid-level provider on-boarding and orientation. This includes hospital credentialing, enrollment of providers with managed care, Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurance plans , as well as payroll sign-ups and completion of orientation modules.
* Analysis and reporting utilizing the Business Objects, EPIC, Crimson, McKesson Performance Analytics, and NRC databases. These data bases cover budgetary, quality assurance, and patient and family satisfaction aspects of service line operations. Prepare custom reports based on data available in the EPIC electronic medical record.
* Assist with new OPPE documentation requirements
* Work with FGP revenue manager and other revenue cycle personnel on billing and coding issues affecting emergency medicine.
* Assist with annual budget preparation for the emergency medicine service line, and if time permits, budget preparation for the emergency medicine department’s College of Medicine budget.
* Assist with contract management and reporting for the emergency department staffing contract with the Baptist Health Medical Center in Conway, Arkansas.
* May provide information and administrative support across all functions of the service line including budget and finance, analysis of operations, regulatory compliance, educational activities, research, quality assurance/patient satisfaction, and human resources.
* Special projects as assigned by emergency medicine service line leadership.
* May perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Services Administration, Computer Science or related fields. Would accept other majors if individual has significant experience in accounting, financial analysis, or database management.
* Three(3) year’s of experience in accounting, finance, database management, human resources or other administratively oriented field
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
* Must be computer literate and have experience with Excel
* Strong attention to detail is essential in this position
* Must be comfortable working with numbers, figures, and statistics
* Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
* Five(5) year’s of experience in accounting, finance, database management, human resources or administratively oriented fields
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 26 – 50 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Quiet
Visual Requirements: Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.