Designs and constructs very large relational databases for data warehousing. Develops data modeling and is responsible for data acquisition, access analysis and design, and archive/recovery/load design and implementation. Integrates new data with existing warehouse structure and continuously improves how the systems function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in development of enterprise data model for MCH and vendor systems.
- Completes assignments within project deadlines and completes work according to project schedules.
- Designs adaptive architectures for Transactional, Operational, and Decision Support systems.
- Designs and supports the full ILM (information lifecycle management) stream.
- Designs, develops and implements data management and data analytics solutions.
- Designs, develops, and documents Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) routines for data extraction and transformation.
- Determines business and process issues to be addressed via data manipulation, through leading interaction with clients and the business/clinical analyst team.
- Develops solutions to data management problems through a specification process, to include customization of vendor provided software tools such as reports, screen design, and data definitions.
- Ensures that design specification requirements are met. Prepares complete test plans and test methodologies. Ensures that all systems are adequately tested to ensure integrity and accuracy of data.
- Evaluates, designs, codes, tests, and implements custom or vendor supplied data management systems.
- Performs conceptual, logical, physical, multi-dimensional, and hierarchical data modeling, using leading data modeling tools.
- Sets design, test, documentation and implementation standards in accordance with HIPPA and other patient data management policies and ensures that data management systems adhere to them.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Data architecture and data analysis expertise.
- ETL experience in MSIS or Informatica or similar toolset is desired.
- Healthcare experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of data extraction from databases and other systems.
- Solid UNIX shell programming skills and knowledge of AIX including UNIX commands, shells and shell programming, etc., OR solid Windows Server skills and knowledge with versions 2000-2008.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 7 years experience designing, implementing, and supporting complex architectures for the management, storage, access, navigation, movement and transformation of data.
- 7 years experience in Information Systems development, implementation and support.
- 7 years experience performing in-depth analysis and design related to complex transactional, operational and decision support data stores on multi-vendor RDBMS, including performance tuning, data retention policies, data classification, data security, and canonical data design.
- BS in Computer Sciences/Information Systems/related major or at least 5 years experience in Information Technology in a technical role.
- Data modeling experience.
- Database and application object management, including DDL, table constraints and triggers, clusters, object storage allocation and tuning, indexing options and tradeoffs, partitioning, etc., experience.
- Experience managing disk storage allocation and usage.
- Experience with RDBMS architecture and database setup, configuration and tuning.
- Practical experience with project delivery and systems development life cycles.
- Solid Oracle or SQL Server skills and data warehouse design, implementation and administration (5 years hands-on experience).
- Utilization of reporting tools like Microsoft Reporting Services, Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.