General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You’ve come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big. Job Overview
Technology at General Mills accelerates process transformation and business growth around the globe. To achieve business success, the Global Business Solutions team uses leading edge technology, innovative thinking and agile processes. One of our General Mills’ key technology priorities is driving business action through connected data.
The General Mills Enterprise Data & Development Services organization is currently in the process of building a big data platform based on Cloudera Hadoop as part of a multi-year strategic Data Lake program, to advance the data-driven decision-making capabilities of our enterprise. If you are an agile learner, have strong problem-solving skills and can function as part of a highly technical, cross functional team, we would like to hear from you.
General Mills is seeking a Data Architect with Hadoop experience to act as a key technical leader in our Enterprise Data & Development Services organization. Responsibilities
– Act as a key data & analytics technical leader within General Mills
– Collaboratively develop the technology & capability roadmap for the General Mills big data ecosystem
– Lead the design and implementation of sustainable tools & processes to support the big data ecosystem
– Generate and implement your own ideas on how to improve the operational and strategic health of big data ecosystem
– Participate in the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools & process in the big data space
– Develop communication & education plans for technical teams on technologies and processes in our big data ecosystem
– Partner with business analysts and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives
– Collaboratively troubleshoot technical and performance issues in the big data ecosystem
– High School Degree or GED
– 5+ yrs experience required
– Python, Scala or Java development experience
– Familiarity with Kafka
– Familiarity with the Linux operating system
– Experience with agile techniques or method
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 9706
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
General Mills Inc.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Hagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie’s, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015. Contact Info
– Minneapolis, MN
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.