This is a hybrid role working partially in-office and partially from home.
At Ameritas, our mission is Fulfilling Life. We do that in many ways, but especially by helping people invest in themselves by offering trusted financial products and advice. Because we believe everyone should be happy, healthy, and financially secure, we work hard to provide trusted financial products and valued guidance, including individual life and disability insurance, employee benefits, retirement planning, investments, and wealth management services.
Ameritas is a financially stable company with strong industry ratings. We have a history of solid organic growth, and we are also continuously exploring acquisition opportunities. The diversity of financial services we offer provides exposure to various financial product lines and excellent learning opportunities. Ameritas has undertaken a multi-year modernization initiative with the goal of becoming a modern, digital, data driven, customer centric company. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference, broaden your financial services expertise, and grow your career, this is it!
We are looking for ambitious, accountable people who crave responsibility and the opportunity to be involved in transformational efforts. As an Architect at Ameritas you will have the opportunity to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and develop your communication and strategic thinking skills. Career advancement opportunities readily available within this role.
What you do:
* Define and manage the vision, strategy, and principles for data management
* Drive enablement of data citizenship and governance by defining and leading strategies with our data engineering teams and data owners
* Provide planning, estimating, and budgeting support to projects for required data related efforts
* Understand current state of data by divisions or product lines and implications on people, processes, products, and technology
* Support the definition, development and maintenance of an Enterprise Data Roadmap which will include capability maturity, technology mapping, and technology usage footprint.
* Build and maintain the Enterprise Data Standards, Enterprise Data/Information Model and standardize Patterns of Integration.
* Architect and support the implementation of data assets into our evolving multi cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.)
* Lead R&D, proof of concepts or pilots on emerging technologies, like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
* Prepare and support data and analytic research, presentations, whitepapers, business cases, and pilot applications that demonstrate how technology can affect and increase business value to Ameritas.
What you bring
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, System Analysis, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* 5+ years architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, infrastructure planning, and operational optimization.
* Expert level hands-on experience with RDBMS platforms like Oracle, DB2 and MSSQL required.
* Previous experience in the following areas required:
* Conducting vendor evaluations including pilots and scoring
* Expertise in building enterprise scale solutions
* Data modeling (Conceptual, logical, and Physical) in OLTP and OLAP environments.
* Data integration skills and experience with moving large data sets in batch and near real time across cloud & on-premises environments.
* Conducting thorough data architecture reviews and issue resolution for enterprise scaled solutions
What we offer
* Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
* Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
* We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion, and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
* A total rewards package with all the comprehensive health and welfare benefits you’d expect, including competitive pay and incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and time off to care for yourself and others.
* Additional popular benefits, including tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment, an incentivized well-being program, adoption assistance, paid time off for volunteering, training, and career development opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.