Job Contributions- what wilL you do
- Collaboratively work with functional specialists and have discussions to understand and document the domain requirements and problems.
- Understand industry practices and tools to extract the entities, attributes and underlying rules, and to document them.
- Design conceptual, logical and physical data models that support business objectives.
- Contribute to the data catalogs for the enterprise.
- Propose architecture that enables integration of disparate enterprise data assets.
- Lead efforts to research, identify, and profile data sources to uncover data anomalies and potential data quality concerns.
- Develop and document the data modeling standards and promote them across department.
- Drive long-term data architecture roadmaps in alignment with corporate strategic objectives.
- Pursue learning about new technologies and industry data management trends and, if appropriate, recommend their possible use within the company.
INNOVATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Objectively review/analyze data models, and propose replacement models with clear pros/cons.
- Able to adjust models for operational performance and reusability.
- Conduct data model reviews to ensure data related standards are met.
- Work closely with DBAs to optimize physical model performance
TEAMWORK & COMMUNICATION
- Proactively educate others on basic data management concepts such as data governance, master data management, data warehousing, big data, reporting, data quality, and database performance.
- Superior & demonstrated team building & development skills to harness powerful teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of leadership within the organization
- Provide timely updates so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required
- Write and review high quality technical documentation
CONTROL & AUDIT
- Ensures their workstation and all processes and procedures, follow organization standards
- Encourages and maintains a ‘Best practice sharing culture’, always striving to find ways to improve service and change mind set.
Experience and Qualifications
- 8+ years of related experience in developing data solutions and logical and physical data models that support data lifecycle
- Experience with data vault modeling is strongly preferred
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Information Systems, or an engineering field or equivalent work experience
- Modeling tools (ER/Studio, Sparx Enterprise Architect, ERWin) and techniques (normalization, star schemas, data vault, 3NF)
- Hands on experience with relational DBMS and advanced SQL capabilities
- Expertise in industry standard patterns and practices for data modeling, process modeling, and metadata management
- Prefer experience with a Data Integration/Transformation tools (Informatica)
- Prefer experience with PySpark or DataBricks
- Prefer Travel, transportation, or hospitality experience
- Prefer experience with designing application data models for mobile or web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling which may include nights, weekends, and holidays
At Hertz, we champion and celebrate a culture of diversity and inclusion. We take affirmative steps to promote employment and advancement opportunities. The endless variety of perspectives, experiences, skills and talents that our employees invest in their work every day represent a significant part of our culture – and our success and reputation as a company.
Individuals are encouraged to apply for positions because of the characteristics that make them unique.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Hertz is a drug free workplace.
EOE, including disability/veteran
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.