JOB SUMMARY: The Data Architect excels at understanding and developing a data focused strategy that aligns with business objectives. This Architect will adhere to SOP’s defined including best practices, data compliance and governance and technology decisions. A Data Architect will work closely with executive leadership, solution architects, third party partners, as well cross functional teams to deliver large and complex solutions that are efficient to sustain and foster the maturity of company’s data insights. This Architect will also work in a support role as needed since they will be considered a solution expert.
- The data architect will collaborate with the internal business teams and external vendors/partners to ensure that data management decisions align with overall business strategies, tactical needs and plans.
- Identifies, selects, and deploys analytics technology platforms to capture, integrate, and analyze data from many sources.
- Lead the use of technologies to enable data-driven decisions applied to all guest interactions, pricing and product decisions.
- Derive insights from data mining, modeling, and applied analytics on top of large data sets.
- In collaboration with UO/USH business leaders and analysts, lead the strategy, architecture and process improvements for data architecture and data management, balancing long and short-term needs of the business.
- Translate business and data requirements into domain, logical and physical models in support of Enterprise Data Models, OLTP, Operational Data Structures and Analytical systems
- Ensure data design follows the prescribed reference architecture and framework and reflects appropriate business rules and facilitates data integration, data conformity and data integrity.
- Ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs and enhancements
- Interpret and deliver impactful plans that specify strategy and improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of business initiatives and roadmaps to achieve results.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Database Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years technical, enterprise or data architecture experience.
- Strong database design and development experience working in collaboration with full-stack developers and analytics teams.
- Experience in NoSQL technologies, preferred.
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud providers.
- Experience with Databricks, Sales Force Einstein, Azure PowerApps/BI, preferred.
- E-Commerce industry experience, preferred.
- Track record of successful data architecture, enterprise data architecture delivery including data modeling and governance solutions.
- Track record of successful large-scale technical implementations.
- Experience in successful collaboration with technical teams, functional business lines and third-party vendors/contractors.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies and data architectures.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
<p>; or="" equivalent="" combination="" of="" education="" and="" experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.