IT Application Delivery Services
Requisition # ******
As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. It’s a big job, and that’s why we need a variety of talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference. Sound like a challenge? You bet it is. That’s why three important values inspire our culture: Serve with integrity. Lead with courage. Perform with excellence.
At the Richmond Fed, our goal is not just to be an employer of choice; we want to be your employer of choice. One of the ways we do that is by offering a total rewards portfolio that includes more than compensation. Our total rewards includes thrift and retirement plans, generous paid time off, health and wellness benefits, insurance to protect you and your loved ones, work/life offerings, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
The Data Architect-Senior is responsible for developing data concepts and models that fulfill business objectives while balancing important concerns such as adherence to established practices and alignment with enterprise strategy. This position is responsible for collaborating with application architecture to provide updates to the standards for reuse by subsequent projects.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at *******************.
on line at *******************.
***Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
***Sponsorship is not available for this position.
***The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on August 10, 2018.
*** The hiring range for position Architect – Senior: $95,900 – $119,900 annually.
***Salary and position title offered will be based on job responsibilities and individual’s knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
– Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders (subject matter experts, application architecture, project management, etc.) in producing sound data architecture deliverables including concepts and models.
– Recommend, document, and support delivery of pragmatic data architecture that fulfills specific business requirements while addressing major architectural concerns, such as performance, scalability, data quality and data privacy.
– Maintain alignment with enterprise strategy, reference architecture, architecture principles and other guidelines produced by Architecture Services.
– Maintain enterprise model(s) and partner with data domain experts.
– Provide leadership in ongoing development and improvement of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond’s data architecture practice and mentor less experienced data architects on architecture best practices.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Business acumen, and the ability to communicate to executives, business domain stakeholders and technical staff alike.
– Demonstrated influence, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
– Experience with innovation and ideation methods, such as design thinking, JAD sessions, etc.
– Conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling, including:
o Relational Databases
o Dimensional modeling
o Non-relational modeling (such as graph databases, etc.)
o Data flow and entity-relationship diagramming.
– Expertise in the following technologies:
o Oracle (12c)
o Microsoft SQL Server
o ERWin or similar.
– Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
– A minimum of seven years’ experience in IT, including at least two years in information system design.
– Experience designing and implementing data solutions.
– Three to five years’ experience as a data or quantitative analyst.
– Position requires continuous visual concentration and manual dexterity to operate PC.
– Minor lifting and carrying, not likely to exceed ten pounds.
– May require extended work hours.
– Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary.
Education and Training:
– 5 to 9+ years of enterprise-level programming and/or architectural experience in a minimum of two technology platforms.
– Bachelor`s degree in computer sciences, information technology, or closely related major.
on Company Website
Job ID: ******
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. Our region takes in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, the District of Columbia and most of West Virginia. Our offices are in Richmond, Baltimore and Charlotte. Contact Info
– Richmond, VA
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.