- Primary Location: United States,New York,Buffalo
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18032970
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Data Analysis and Risk Control team is part of Finance and Risk Management Reporting within the Finance and Risk Infrastructure organization. The team plays a key role in the integrity of Citi’s Market Risk Data Quality. The team performs data quality and analysis of information that feeds CitiRisk Market Risk system. This data is used for market risk limit reporting, VaR, Stress VaR and other regulatory calculations. Team responsibilities include:
- Monitor Data Feeds to the Market Risk System
- Execute Reconciliations
- Analyze Market Risk Critical Data Elements
- Perform Variance Analysis
- Execute and Monitor Controlled Adjustments
- Data Quality Metric Monitoring
- Root Cause Analysis
- Develop, leverage, and maintain relationships across varying levels of management and function to ensure a high degree of accuracy in Citigroup’s market risk sensitivities and calculations provided for CCAR and Volcker reporting.
- Execute reconciliations and other internal controls as determined by CCAR/DFAST and the management team.
- Follow up on reconciliation breaks in a timely manner.
- Use data quality tools such as data profiling to determine broad data issues impacting CCAR and Volcker reporting and follow up with appropriate contacts.
- Develop an understanding of the Market Risk Critical Data Elements Scorecard through development, review, and analysis.
- Ensure data quality issue are escalated by adhering to governance processes.
- 1 or more years of relevant experience or an advanced degree.
- Experience in Data Management, Risk and/or Finance a plus.
- Project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills: ability to interact successfully with business partners, technology teams, our technical infrastructure groups and technology managers.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- A high competency level with MS Access/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.