Data Modeler/Administrator – Job 72516
– Design and maintain enterprise databases that model data and optimize analytical databases.
– Document business requirements, utilize modeling tools to build and analyze databases, and develop the database design, ensuring effective and optimal database solutions.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
– Create and maintain various database versions to model data, to optimize database design and share relational data across various applications. Document data model standards and database diagrams. Work with cross-functional departments, to coordinate the database changes in a timely and accurate manner.
– Utilize modeling tools to build and analyze databases, and to develop logical and physical models to include relationships, constraints, attributes, and other modeling information, to understand impact for proposed systems, and setup approved systems.
– Design data model structures that enhance the application performance through the development of aggregation and summarization structures. Document model structures (i.e., keys, indexes, constraints) and partner with cross-functional IT (i.e., Data Warehouse/Database Administration), for the process of data normalization and physical data base design.
– Gather and document business requirements and convert requirements into testable designs; work with the business and application teams, to refine design requirements on assigned projects.
– Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements that enhance department practices and effectiveness.
– Provide technical guidance to the applications development team, regarding database design, to reduce risk of design issues. Interface with appropriate IT sub-departments and/or cross-functional business areas, to address concerns and resolve issues in a timely manner.
– Participate in the development of project scope and milestones, to meet assigned project requirements. Partner cross-functionally, to meet deadlines and audit databases/reports, and work with management on critical issues.
– Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best Information Technology/Data Administration practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
– May participate in new application evaluation, to determine feasibility and potential for sharing existing data.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is required.
– 3 years of Information Technology experience in database modeling/relational database administration; experience with, and knowledge, of data modeling tools, principles, and practices, and related configuration management concepts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to communicate IT data modeling/administration in a non-technical manner.
– Must have strong organization, prioritization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
– Must be detail oriented, and have good project/time management, and strong data management and documentation skills.
– Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio.
– Ability to travel up to 10% based upon department and customer needs.
– Must have thorough knowledge of dimensional databases, and experience developing logical and physical data models.
– Must have technical knowledge of applications systems, programming, and analysis, and knowledge of databases and design techniques.
– Technical knowledge and experience with ERWIN and relevant database platforms (e.g., Oracle, DB2, SQL).
– Ability to use general office equipment (i.e., computer, telephone, copy/facsimile machine, etc.).
VisionPRO relentlessly delivers top talent to help our clients excel. We have been trusted for 20 years to align the right talent to the right opportunity, expertly solving unique business challenges. From small businesses to the Fortune 500, our clients appreciate our consultative approach, resourcefulness, and fast response to their individual needs. Our prospective candidates and existing consultants can count on VisionPRO to passionately help them maximize their career choices, while also supporting their growth opportunities. We serve our customers from around the world, helping them with their most critical hiring decisions and project needs.
Job ID: BBBH72516
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
VisionPRO, a subsidiary of Vision Information Technologies, Inc., is a leading provider of IT staffing and talent management solutions to companies worldwide. For nearly 20 years, VisionPRO has specialized in delivering today’s most sought-after IT talent to Fortune 500, mid-size organizations and large government agencies on a contract-to-hire, contract and permanent placement basis. Through more than 20 offices across the United States, VisionPRO helps clients hire and optimize highly-skilled and specialized IT talent to build an effective workforce strategy that drives business performance and innovation. VisionPRO supports other markets with IT consultants in global markets through its sister company, VisionIT in Canada, Mexico and Brazil. Harness the power of technology with our database of top IT talent and effective staffing solutions today. Contact Info
– Grand Rapids, MI
– Vision Information Technologies
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.