The Boeing Company
Saint Louis Missouri United States
– Determines, defines and deploys predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to meet business objectives
– Chooses best fit methods, defines algorithms, validates and deploys models to achieve business results
– Use machine learning methods (e.g., cluster analysis, decision trees, random forest, neural networks, logistics regression) to model and predict business outcomes, such as classification of errors
– Use advanced mathematical techniques (correlation, regression, time series analysis, analysis of variance, etc.) to forecast business outcomes
– Identify appropriate methods to conduct analyses on supply chain data including simulation methods (e.g., bootstrap, monte carlo, bagging methods), machine learning, and statistical analyses
– Evaluate model fit and performance using a series of techniques (e.g. RMSE, RMSEA, MAE, MSE, MAPE, Accuracy, Recall, Precision, Etc.)
– Evaluate supply chain data / metrics (Repair Total Cycle Time, PBL Supply Levels, SI & OP) and develop mathematical models to support assessment of metrics and predict future levels
– Develop high level and automated data visualizations to capture time series trends and summarize burn down of data exceptions
– Create recurrent summary reports of data exception metrics, trends, outliers, etc
– Hands on experience with R and Python to manipulate and transform data
– Exceptional skills and abilities to clearly communicate to customers through graphical representation / visualizations, reports, algorithyms, models, and dashboards
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education / Experience
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Bachelor of Science Degree required
Hands on experience with R and Python to manipulate and transform data
Experience with Excel, Access, Microsoft Word, and Power Point
Experience working with databases (Teradata, Oracle, SQL and NoSQL dbs) and interpreting data
Exposure to Data visualization tools and techniques
Experience with business case analysis (problem identification, quantitative modeling and problem solving)
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
Master of Science Degree preferred
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.