Your user session will timeout in 5 minutes. Please click OK to continue with your application.
Tracking Code 120-******
– Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
– Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
– Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
– Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
– Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
What you will do:
This position is responsible to build various Machine Learning-based tools or processes such as recommendation engines or automated Customer scoring systems using Apache Spark Machine Learning Libraries by mining data from a data lake or other large sources of Customer Data. The Data Scientist should be able to work with big data, experiment with various Machine Learning algorithms that will solve the task, create prototypes and productionize those prototypes. The incumbent should also have hands on experience with Scala and Spark ML APIs to build reliable predictive models.
The individual in this role should have extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis. The candidate will be required to clarify business requirements for new initiatives and interface with the users, external and internal support teams to identify and help resolve production problems, prepare detailed specifications, and technical guidance to his/her development peers on their efforts. The candidate will devise and/or suggest modifications to procedures that would in effect help to solve complex problems considering system applications, computer equipment capacity, operating time and desired results.
The candidate will report progress on initiatives to Director Master Data Management providing updates to critical requests and fulfillment of business and development needs. The role will regularly provide guidance and direction to less experienced technologists and have direct responsibility for quality of the deliverables of the unit.
– Build predictive models via Apache Spark Machine Learning Libraries by mining data from a data lake or other sources utilizing Spark/Scala and other interpretive languages such as Python with Hadoop.
– Unit test applications.
– Document the applications.
– Provide 3rd tier support for production systems.
– Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, etc.).
– 7+ years of hands on experience in developing Big Data applications using Spark / Scala and building predictive models using Spark Machine Learning APIs
– Experience in working with Hadoop ecosystem and related technologies (Cloudera, Hive, Impala, Spark / Scala / Spark ML etc.
Job Location Miami, Florida, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.