What Advanced Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Advanced Analytics is responsible for applying quantitative methodologies, techniques and tools to develop best in class analytic solutions that solve complex business problems.
– Works with stakeholders to identify business opportunities, goals, or objectives
– determines if objectives can be met using an analytical approach and develops hypothesis.
– Identifies key data requirements and acquires data
– harmonizes, rescales, and cleans data for statistical techniques
– applies data visualization techniques to evaluate data for model specification etc.
– Builds custom quantitative models by applying advanced statistical methods such as causal and predictive modeling, forecasting, data mining, simulation, and/or optimization.
– Demonstrates the ability to perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and determines need for reformulation.
– Interprets results of quantitative models, identifies trends and issues, and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
– Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
– Partners with stakeholders and technologist to implement/automate/operationalize models into day-to-day business decision making.
– Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
– Proven experience as a Data Scientist
– 3-5 years hands on experience with BI technologies (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, MS Power BI)
– Experience working with and creating data architectures
– Hands on experience with SQL Server and Oracle
– Familiar with statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
– Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
– Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
– Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark
– Familiar with Agile/SCRUM
– Effective verbal & written communication skills
– Strong ability to understand the business and translate it into technology deliverables
– Proven analytical & problem-solving skills applied to complex business applications & programming
– Ability to work independently, multi-task and set priorities
– Must be able to work cooperatively within a team as a team member
– Results oriented with on-time & quality delivery; strong service orientation
– Must demonstrate a professional attitude & demeanor
What is expected of you and others at this level
– Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
– May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
– Works on complex projects of large scope
– Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
– Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
– Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
– May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.