INFICON is a leading provider of innovative instrumentation, critical sensor technologies, and Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0 software solutions that enhance productivity and quality of tools, processes, and complete factories. These analysis, measurement and control products are essential for gas leak detection in air conditioning/refrigeration and automotive manufacturing. They are vital to equipment manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells and industrial vacuum coating applications. Other users of our vacuum-based processes include the life sciences, research, aerospace, packaging, heat treatment, laser cutting and many other industrial processes. We also leverage our expertise in vacuum technology to provide unique, toxic chemical analysis products for emergency response, security, and environmental health and safety.
Apply your mastery of state-of-the-art machine learning technologies to difficult problems on noisy high-dimensional data. Work in a multi-disciplinary team that includes experts in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Electronics, and Semiconductor Manufacturing. Your research will have high visibility due to its high potential to increase the value of global products. Your research will have high visibility and high potential to increase the value of INFICON products.
In this job you will be given ample freedom to explore a wide range of novel approaches, you will work closely with scientific and business colleagues on large amounts of sensor data, and focus on writing high value code.
- Research and develop models for identification of chemical compounds in sensor data from instruments
- Develop experiments and software to collect and process datasets for training and testing of your models
- Qualify and quantify performance of prototypes, both in the lab and in the field
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics, with specialization in Data Science and Machine Learning. Candidates without a PhD are encouraged to apply if you have experience solving challenging data science problems
- Fluency with Python, Linux, Scientific Computing, and Machine Learning Libraries
- Accomplished Software Developer with experience training and testing ML modules on large data sets
- Demonstrated ability with statistical ML and with neural networks
- Signal processing
- Published papers and/or code for analyzing sensor data or process control data
- Prior work with unsupervised or semi-supervised ML for anomaly detection
- Experience with pyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience with multivariate time series analysis and modeling techniques
- Knowledge of Physics or Chemometrics or Process Control
- C++ Software Development
INFICON provides a dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees experience on going green initiatives, flexible work hours, and a variety of health and wellness programs.
INFICON’s forward thinking approach offers countless opportunities to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product portfolio that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work environment offers a competitive compensation, relocation assistance, a discretionary bonus and generous employee benefits; major medical, dental, health, vision, 401K, vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement and more!
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
- Masters or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.