Job ID: ******
Company: : ********** Services, Inc.
Position Category: Data Science
Do you love the Alexa Skills Kit? Come work on it! We’re building the speech and language solutions for developers providing new Alexa functionality through skills for the Amazon Echo family and other Amazon products and services.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to be part of the Spoken Language Understanding science team for Alexa Skills Kit. This is a strategic role to shape and deliver our technical strategy in developing and deploying machine learning solutions to our hardest customer-facing problems. Your work with directly impact the developer experience in building skills, as well as the customer experience when interacting with them.
This role requires working closely with Data Specialists, Language Engineers, Solutions Architects, and Product/Program Managers, to drive analysis and performance improvements for our speech and language technology. In this role you will:
– Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-language alignment/mapping, etc.
– Clean, analyze and select data to drive improvements related to high-level business goals
– Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
– Collaborate with colleagues from linguistics, science, engineering, and business backgrounds
– Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
– Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or related quantitative field.
– 3+ years experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
– Experience in Perl, Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
– Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
– Knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
– Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, using strong baselines, and determining cause and effect relations
– Evidence of using of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc. in data analysis projects
– 3+ years of experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, and data mining techniques
– Experience in one or more natural language processing topics: tagging, syntactic parsing, word sense disambiguation, topic modeling; contextual text mining, and application of deep learning to NLP
– Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company
– Experience with language data research or fluency in a language other than English
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.