We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Advanced Analytics team. The qualified applicant will play a key role in the Data Science initiatives as part of the Enterprise Data Analytics services program for a large federal agency in Alexandria, VA.
The qualified applicant will work in an Agile Development bringing state of the art data analytics capabilities. The data scientists role focuses on transforming user requirements into algorithms and visualizations to help stakeholders analyze their data and make predictions to improve delivery of services to the country. This position plays a key role in supporting the agencys implementation of strategic objectives.
* Build and manage data analytics pipelines using platforms including Python, Apache Spark, Tableau and manage the Data Science Environment including installation, configuration, and maintenance of tools like R Studio Pro & Jupyter Hub
* Design and implement new predictive machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies for real-world production use at scale.
* Data science and data engineering support to help manage and execute the ingest (extract, transform and load (ETL) operations), parsing, data normalizations, as well as performing data analysis at scale and implementing algorithms/models to find insights in large data sets and deploy
* applications on a cloud-based data processing environment
* Improve the accuracy, runtime, scalability and ,reliability of machine learning predictive and analytical models
* As a part of the agile process, the Data Scientist will work to understand the customers mission needs and transform them into user stories.
* Provide thought-leadership in the area of analytics/data science.
* Communicate across a diverse audience of business analysts, architects, business users, and technical project staff.
* Acquire and prepare data for analysis and specify visualizations to promote understanding and ease of use of analytical insights.
* Train customer staff on analytical & Data Science tools, and actively support the transition into production.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.