Job ID 12283
Type Regular Full-Time
Company Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Category Information Technology
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children’s. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
SCCA’s Advanced Analytics Program harnesses the power of data to help SCCA deliver state of the art cancer care. The Data Scientist will join this growing team of innovative, results-oriented and collaborative professionals who employ advanced analytics to improve the experience of our patients, providers and staff. We combine data science expertise with a deep understanding of oncology data and strong clinical and business partnerships to deliver valuable products and demonstrate the extraordinary opportunities for analytics in healthcare. The Data Scientist is a critical member of this team who will inform our strategy, expand our capabilities, and deliver solutions that make SCCA a national leader in analytics for oncology.
* Build positive, productive relationships with clinical and business partners to understand their information needs, identify data science opportunities, and ensure our products add value. Partners may include SCCA executives, directors and managers, providers, researchers, administrators, clinical staff, and outside institutions or agencies
* Develop a robust understanding of SCCA’s data and data systems – financial, operational and clinical – to ensure effective, reliable, and responsible use of data
* Build solutions that apply machine learning techniques to address complex business problems, derive actionable insights, and maximize decision-making confidence
* Lead or participate in all aspects of solution development, including exploratory data analysis, feature selection and engineering, model build, testing and deployment
* Create data visualizations and present solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
* Identify and implement industry best practices for data science in healthcare
* Make recommendations on technical infrastructure, analytic competencies, and project selection to inform and execute the strategy of the Advanced Analytics Program
* BA/BS in computer science, statistics, healthcare informatics or similar degree
* 5+ years of applicable analytics or data science experience
* Deep knowledge of machine learning techniques, such as statistical modeling, predictive modeling, natural language processing
* Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning to solve complex business problems
* Proficiency in Python or R programming
* Extensive experience in exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, and data visualization
* Experience with SQL relational databases
* Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
* High degree of personal initiative and strong problem-solving skills
* Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, statistics, healthcare informatics or similar degree
* Familiarity with healthcare industry and/or experience working with healthcare data, especially in oncology or population health
* Experience with model explanation/interpretation methodologies, such as LIME or Shapley values
* Strong data visualization skills
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at ********************* or by calling ************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.