Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Data Scientist supporting The United States Postal Service (USPS) Office of Inspector General (OIG). GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. You will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. You will have a primary focus on engineer data analytic solutions, including prototyping, proof of concept, and full implementation. Candidates will evaluate, assess, document, and test data security and continuity of operations for systems and programs. There is an expectation that candidates will be experienced in ensuring compatibility between equipment and software, analyzing operation/systems requirements, supporting design reviews, and presenting technical briefings.
HOW A DATA SCIENTIST WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Coordinate with staff and customers to identify business and technical requirements
- Produce written documentation and artifacts for all work completed, including the translation of user requirements into technical designs
- Assist the agency in the development of programming and visualization solutions
- Troubleshoot and provide support on existing projects or application efforts
- Understand the concepts supporting relational databases, data warehousing, data governance, data access, data quality and related areas
- Skill applying analytical techniques, methods, and processes to business problems demonstrated through a history of accepted modeling and analyses that resulted in meaningful business impact. These include working with unstructured or structured data and converting those data sets using a variety of analyses such as optimization, simulation, classical and spatial statistics, and/or programming languages
- Skill using advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning, natural language processing, robotics process automation, artificial intelligence, text and/or data mining, and statistical and mathematical methods
- Work as RISC liaison to CIO for server/system issues related to AWS and Azure
- Strong writing and documentation skills to capture collection of source data, methodology from business rules, and visualization deployment from a myriad of sources and interactions with various stakeholders
- Perform analysis of data for Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) strategies, pattern recognition, and application of analytical tools
- Review, analyze, and modify existing products including coding, debugging, testing, and documenting
- Provide guidance to coworkers on business and technical issues affecting projects, such as data access, data quality, storage capacity, and analytic tools and software
- Assist with training and conference development which may include presentations to large audiences
- Ability to facilitate between business owners and end-users who need to communicate with database administrators and traditional IT support staff
- Ensure that quality/security guidelines are followed
- Strong relational database and querying languages experience
- Understand and follow a software development lifecycle (analysis, design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics, or related field
- Professional Certification(s) in a related field of data science and/or data analytics disciplines (preferred)
- 5+ years' experience and skill writing coding languages (such as SQL, Python, R, SAS, and Java Scripts)
- 3+ years' experience working with projects involving machine learning, natural language processing, robotics process automation, artificial intelligence, text and/or data mining, as well as statistical and mathematical methods
- 2+ years of experience working in a client-facing technical role
- At least 6 months' experience working with AWS or Azure services such as Databricks, Data Factory, and Data Lake
Required Technical Skills:
- Expert proficiency in common data science tools, including:
- Scripted languages (such as SQL, Python, R, and Java Scripts), Integrated Development Environment and analytics platforms, open-source solutions, commercial off-the shelf tools and hardware-based capabilities to support the data analytic development process and creating models, dashboards, and reports
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Using advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning, natural language processing, robotics process automation, artificial intelligence, text and/or data mining, and statistical and mathematical methods
- Using business intelligence applications and reporting technologies/methodologies including Data Analytics Expressions (DAX), data Mash-up(M), and Microsoft Power Platform (e.g., Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.)
- AWS or Azure Services, including Databricks, Data Factory, and Data Lake
- SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Studio, Office Analytics, and other SAS tools
- Knowledge of ODBC connection strings, and other external data source connection protocols
- Knowledge of Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) strategies, pattern recognition, and application of analytical tools
Security Clearance Level:
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Primary location in Arlington, VA with a hybrid work schedule (i.e., commuting one day a week or twice in a two-week period)
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
#GDITCareers #DataScientist #MachineLearning
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Certified Data Analytics Professional – Data Analytics Certification Institute
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.