Data Scientist – Generative AI – Simplr
Simplr® is a technology company that’s on a mission to disrupt the outdated contact center model. Our AI-enabled platform unites chatbots and human assistance to deliver instantly scalable customer support. By partnering with Simplr, brands like YETI, The North Face, Chegg, and Princess Polly are seeing higher customer satisfaction and lower customer experience (CX) costs. Simplr is funded by Asurion, which continues to support its growth. Asurion is one of the largest technology protection companies in the world, with over 19,000 employees serving over 300+ million customers worldwide. Simplr employees get the best of both worlds: the fast pace and opportunity of a high-growth startup (Simplr) and the benefits, stability, and resources offered by a massive privately-held company (Asurion). Win-win!
How We Operate
Simplr’s rapid growth is due in no small part to its people-first company culture. The people who work at Simplr embody the company’s three Operating Values:
- We think and act like owners.
- We are intellectually curious and courageous.
- We model the CX we want to see in the world.
A Note About Inclusion at Simplr
At Simplr, we believe that our collective perspectives are what makes our company innovative, competitive, and a positive place to work. We are committed to building a diverse workforce, creating an inclusive work environment, and taking ownership of opportunities to do better.
About the team: We believe in giving our best and brightest the autonomy to define their solutions. Our technology teams work in the Journey Team model, which allows us to move quickly and continuously deploy new features, giving data scientists & researchers freedom to cover all areas of the development process from ideation, research, experimentation, and scaling of new products and services. As a member of our team, you will not just observe, but be an active participant in knowledge sharing sessions, brainstorming as well as daily standups & team outings. We are looking for an individual who is curious, humble and eager to learn – which is the way we all approach the work we do. The position reports directly to the head of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define platform and operation improvement opportunities, formulate data science problems
- Develop prototypes for new data product ideas and build data pipelines/flask apps for deployment
- Experiment with latest generative LLMs to build next generative applications and boost existing ones
- Leverage deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinning to regularly invent new and novel approaches to solve problems
- Take Simplr’s automation and bot capabilities on digital customer service channels to the next level, working within a highly focused and multi-disciplinary team.
- Follow cutting-edge NLP research and leverage open-source frameworks to develop self learning models. Our automation suite is backed by human specialists so it is a safe place to innovate!
- Utilize our on-demand Simplr Specialists (Agents) to continuously train and improve the responses offered to customer inquiries
- Build scalable solution configurable through no code interface
- Drive a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) test-and-learn approach and push to learn fast
- Work in an iterative manner from framing problems, to building prototypes, to deploying end-to-end and reliable production-grade solutions
- Help defining and monitoring the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track and deliver on critical objectives and key results
What you'll bring to the team:
- Your technical excellence, specifically in latest Large Language Models
- Your drive to keep up with the ever changing AI landscape and release of new LLMs
- The ability to root cause, define, and solve complex problems in ambiguous situations. Innate curiosity and product mindset helping you articulate new ideas as well as novel technical approaches
- Ability to work and collaborate with different functions of the organization, from operation teammates, to product managers and engineers
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills, including creating and sharing out complex ideas to peers
- You’re a thinker and doer.
- You offer out-of-the-box ideas and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Respect for all people, an open mind, and an open heart.
We pride ourselves on building inclusive environments. After all, it’s the diversity of thought that builds great products!
Experience and education
- Requires a master’s degree in analytics, computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related advanced analytical & optimization fields
- Familiar with at least one of the deep learning framework such as PyTorch and/or Tensorflow
- Solid Knowledge in Deep Learning and/or Machine Learning gained through academic coursework or any amount of internship/work experience. Experience in Neural Networks and Natural Language Processing is a plus.
- Knowledge in Statistics, optimization theoretical concepts and/or optimization problem formulation gained through academic coursework or any amount of internship/work experience
- Solid Knowledge in Python programming gained through academic coursework or any amount of internship/work experience.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.