RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized
companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a
shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of
solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing
technology to help transform organizations.
Working for RGP, you will be connected to work that matters, putting
your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future.
The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around
the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our
mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there a few
things you should know:
* We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve
* We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and
* We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the
success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP EXPERIENCE
Whether you desire to work directly with clients or support those who
do, RGP connects you to meaningful opportunities designed to put your
talents to their best and highest use, and help you develop skills for
today and tomorrow. As an RGP employee, you are a champion for your
team, driven to develop their functional acumen in a manner that is
transformative and valuable. You help guide people and organizations
to be and become more than they thought possible and have the ultimate
service mentality based on openness, understanding and teamwork.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
RGP is looking for a talented Database Administrator and Analyst to
join our technology team at the corporate office in Irvine, CA.
Working closely with the business you will help in the design of our
data warehouse; assist in multi-system data architecture; complex
reporting utilizing a variety of tools; SSAS cubes development; and
other data needs that will enable the business to have reliable,
authoritative, real time information about the business. If you have a
passion for understanding not just how to work with data, but what the
data represents and how it s valued by the business, then you are the
type of person we want! If you are a team player, with low ego and a
proactive approach, then this is a great place for you. As you work to
solve problems and create better outcomes for the business, you will
grow technically and professionally. You will be a valued member of
the business by gaining a solid understanding of our business
processes, knowledge of the organizational structure and culture, and
building relationships with stakeholders throughout the company.
ATTRIBUTES OF DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR AT RGP
* Analytical skills: To review and analyze performance metrics of
large databases for trends and assist in the creation of system
optimization, index improvements and process changes where needed.
* Communication Skills: Ability to write and speak clearly, easily
communicating complex ideas. Must be able to translate data into
an understandable documents or reports.
* Attention to Detail: This team member should have a track record
of managing multiple environments and consistently tracking the
meaningful differences as the number of environments grows.
* Team and Work Ethics: Ability to communicate across teams,
self-starter, organized, calm and confident and able to work with
constructive feedback, outside-the-box thinker.
* Integrity and respect for people and opinions
* Strong personal identification with RGP s values loyalty,
integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
* Assist in the ongoing design and maintenance of our reporting
* Execution, Maintenance and Development of ETL packages for our
data warehouse and system integrations (primarily using SSIS)
* Develop stored procedures, functions, and indexes as well as
overall database design in support of ongoing reporting
* Development of reporting tools utilizing SSRS, Excel, & SSAS cubes
* Collaborate with Business Stakeholders to translate business
requirements into data structures and system design leading
ultimately to accurate management and financial reporting metrics
* Respond with the team to system outages
* Detect and resolve performance and scalability issues
* Ad-Hoc projects as necessary for departmental needs across the
* Develop upgrade scripts for consistent deployment across all
* Maintain current knowledge of database/reporting tools and best
* We are looking for a self-reliant individual who works well under
pressure and adheres to management policies and procedures
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor’s (Required)
* Irvine, CA (Required) **Local candidates only!**
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical
or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and
encourage all applicants to apply.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.