SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (ORACLE/POSTGRESQL)
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Database Administrator with deep knowledge and broad experience of Oracle and PostrgreSQL. Both database applications support many of the engineering efforts in designing and building the various spacecrafts at SpaceX. This employee will be in the IT Infrastructure team, with a specific focus on database administration. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. They should be a self-starter, self-motivator, and possess ingenuity to excel at this position. This individual will need to demonstrate strong knowledge in Linux, server/storage infrastructure, and troubleshooting skills.
- Develop code for automation of tasks by leveraging Python, bash, or a similar scripting language
- Set up and own all aspects of database monitoring
- Develop and implement Disaster Recovery (DR) strategies
- Develop and optimize queries to increase efficiency in our systems
- Develop detailed test conditions and test cases to ensure quality of queries and reports.
- Research and troubleshoot data questions and provide support to our software developer teams.
- Collaborate on problem resolution, team decisions and project planning.
- Develop strong documentation and runbooks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering required OR 3+ years experience
- 3+ years experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide high availability service
- 3+ years experience in fine tuning SQL queries and data replication
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Oracle RAC, RMAN, Barman, PGhero and similar backup/troubleshooting technologies.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Have a working knowledge and provide basic support for MS SQL and Windows Server.
- Experience with GIT and Python
- Machine Learning experience
- Big Data experience
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.