Provide database support and implementation for enterprise applications running in a MYSQL/Windows Server environment. Collaborate with QA and Development teams in design, testing and implementation of database changes. Track and resolve database related incidents related to performance, capacity limitations, and replication. Maintain policies and procedures to ensure security and integrity of the database. Maintain documentation describing processes, procedures, and database models. Provide guidance and mentoring to junior database professionals.
- Troubleshoot database server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Build, maintain, and validate deployment packages for database change scripts
- Document changes to the database environment.
- Review new database code to ensure it meets standards for reliability and performance.
- Coordinate and communicate activities related to service disruption in all environments.
- Document database standards and provide training to ensure compliance.
- Produce and maintain documentation as required. This includes process maps, data models, training materials, user manuals and other system documentation.
- Provide support for enterprise systems.
- Provide on-call support for our environments after hours and on weekends as required.
- Review database administration processes, technologies, software, and tools and recommend improvements.
- Participate in ticket resolution activities for database environments and systems.
- Provide critical problem resolution for live environments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required
- 2 or more years' experience with the following tasks:
- Database analysis or database development.
- Configuring and troubleshooting applications and databases in a networked environment.
- Troubleshooting various database issues (locking, replication, logging, connectivity, etc.)
- Performance tuning and query optimization a plus.
- Administering backups, restores, recovery models, clustering, mirroring, and replication.
- General understanding of database concepts.
- Ability to perform well under minimal supervision from Database Team Lead and Supervisor.
- Can provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL code and design (stored procedures, indexes, triggers, constraints, etc.)
- Experience in designing database architecture as part of a software design process.
- Deep knowledge of indexes, integrity checks, server configuration and patching methods.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have the willingness to learn new systems and transition to a MYSQL/Windows environment.
- Must have the ability to learn business processes and system relationships.
- Must have superb troubleshooting skills and the ability to be analytical and decisive.
- Must have the ability to write clear instructions for end users and other members of the database team.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively is critical
- Maintain effective working relationships in a team-focused environment.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department. ****To learn more about Paycom's affirmative action policy, equal employment opportunity, or to request an accommodation – Click on the link to find more information: paycom.com/careers/eeoc
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.