GDIT is your place. You make it your own. Bring your creativity to help us find simple solutions to complex problems. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you'll play an essential part in preparing our nation for the future. At GDIT, our employees are driven, resourceful, and unwavering.
GDIT is seeking a Sr. Oracle DBA with to join our team supporting the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Land and Emergency Management (OLEM) Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI) Analytical Services Branch (ASB). As the Database Administrator you will perform systems database administration support services for the Contract Laboratory Program Support System (CLPSS). This support will be for all environments including but not limited to Development, Maintenance, Test (2 environments), Staging, and Production, which are hosted in an AWS Cloud Environment.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Recommending and implementing database security policies
- Recommending and implementing database backup, recovery, redundancy strategies and support disaster recovery related operations as needed
- Write, review, and update system documentation relating to the databases
- Review and monitor database performance
- Taking appropriate action to initiate changes, installing, configuring, upgrading, and maintaining database instances
- Collaborate with system administrators, developers, and data analysts to support ongoing system maintenance and development.
- Support potential database architecture changes for new interface development
- Support migration of data from on-prem location to AWS cloud environment
- Assist the user community with installation of Oracle client software such as Golden6 or SQL Developer
- Assist the user community with writing SQL queries for job aids and ad hoc client reporting
- Modifying data that user community does not have write access to.
What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant discipline from an accredited institution with 8 years relevant experience as an Oracle Database administrator. Without a degree 9-10 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience managing databases in an AWS cloud environment, familiarity with the AWS console, and implementing Oracle in EC2 instances AWS (not using AWS RDS).
- Knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Good understanding of Oracle security management
- Good understanding of Oracle data integrity
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Working knowledge of Linux and Apache Tomcat
- Experience with reporting from Oracle using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Qlik Sense, and local tools such as Crystal Reports
- Experience writing PL/SQL, use of packages and body using ETL
- Experience using RMAN
- BAT Windows CMD (or Powershell) scripting
- Scheduling OS jobs and Oracle jobs
- Provide formatted reports (HTML) based on SQL queries to email distribution lists
- Previous experience with EPA's AWS Cloud Environment
Years of Experience
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.