Requisition ID 2018-41116
# of Openings 4
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
***ONLY applicants who possess an Active Top Secret Clearance need apply***
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Database Developer III with focus on Development Operations (DevOps) technologies and services to support our Justice Programs team in Washington, DC/Metro Area. In this position, you will support the FBI’s Information Technology Applications and Data Division’s (ITADD) operation and enhancement of over 80 existing IT applications. ITADD oversees activities in information systems operations, information systems development and modernization, and IT security.
* Responsible for SQL and PL/SQL development to include:
* Developing the backend reports to support user needs
* Developing custom scripts to automate various database management processes, monitoring and troubleshooting database performance
* Developing, optimizing, and tuning stored procedures, functions, triggers, views, and queries in support of application development
* Interfacing with customers, users, and developers as needed
* Maintaining the database schema, database design, and transition development activities
* Providing technical subject matter expertise (SME) on ingesting into the database from sources such as file systems, and perform maintenance, to include tuning with various transition implementation strategies with in-house developed applications
* Resolving various database issues, to include problems with data modeling, design, queries, security control, backup/restore, disaster recovery, and import/export data, as well as coordinate with data ingest efforts with regard to database operations
* Auditing performance by performing advanced activities such as load testing, response time testing
* Providing a report on these activities on an on-going basis so that overall system performance may be documented and charters in the service level agreements (SLAs) are met
* Three (3) years’ experience in software development and engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
* Three (3) years’ experience creating complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and reports using SQL
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline (Preferred
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.