As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom MOD logistics programme.
Join a team committed to a Mission!
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Plan and execute migration of database and associated date from physical/IaaS to virtual AWS instances
- Configures database for optimal performance/resilience/replication/reporting/administration and data backup/archiving regime
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to SQL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Contribute to runbooks for maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Align with existing Leidos delivery standards and identify/craft/suggest improvements thereon
- Must be a UK Citizen and based in the UK for the duration
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a UK SC Clearance
- 7+ years of Oracle/SQL server/DB2 experience
- Considerable experience with developing software code in AWS Services, SQL, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, TerraForm, Ansible, IaC and an appreciation for the SDLC
- Perform SQL software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments
- Considerable experience of with automated build/test/deploy
- Considerable experience of AWS
- Experience of SAFe
- Collaborator, self-starter
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Certified AWS
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2
- Experience with data migration, data modelling and data governance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.