The Database Engineer 2 leads important projects in design, development, implementation and management of databases. The Database Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Database Engineer 2 will be primarily responsible for data oversight, data usage, system analysis and data retention to assure data quality standards. This position collaborates with other departments to ensure data consistency and quality throughout the organization. This position contributes to development of data governance and data standards policies. The position maintains documentation on data governance, compiles reports on metrics and conducts benchmarking to identify trends and patterns. The position will also help support the development of database architectures to address business requirements, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability. Creates plans for architecture updates and integrates new data governance systems and policies, with existing warehouse structure to refine performance/functionality. Generally has in-depth knowledge and expertise of database technologies, along with solid programming, design and system analysis skills. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 plus years of technical experience
- All positions with HGB require U.S. Citizenship, is a requirement based on our contract with the Department of Defense.
- Strong data retrieval skills (SQL, etc.)
- Strong understanding of data lineage, data quality and governance
- Experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Experience leading project delivery
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience with Data Quality and/or Master Data Management tools, architectures and best practices
- Experience with ITIL
- PMP certified
- Comprehensive understanding of the SDLC lifecycle.
- Six Sigma certified
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.