Job Title: Database Specialist
Job ID: ******
Shift: Day Job
Facility: Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Department: Administration Research
Location: 3339 Ward Street, Pittsburgh PA 15213
The Database Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the Department Manager database and the Financial Edge database for Magee-Womens Research Institute and Foundation in order to make data accessible to end users, including research administration staff, research investigators and management. The specialist is also responsible for the validity of data contained in each database.
* Analyzes technical and manual work alternatives for problem resolution, and presents recommendations to management.
* Assist/train end-users in creating reports and data extracts
* Develop procedures, technical documentation, training manuals and reports as well as database-training guidelines for end-users.
* Ensures the data flow activities, documentation, abstracting, coding, and interpretation yield quality output by creating and utilizing effective quality control procedures.
* Prepares data from various internal and external sources in order to import into existing database and will manually enter other data as required.
* Reviews data manually and electronically for accuracy and completeness.
* Serves as a resource person in areas of data management and reporting, performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Troubleshoot problems concerning database records and communicate with co-workers and end users of the system.
* Utilizes system utilities to troubleshoot faulty database information.
* Work with managers, end users and external vendor to develop/implement business rules and specifications/changes/updates for database functionality; Acts as liaison with vendor technical support.
* Bachelors degree in health information management, information systems or related field or equivalent in experience.
* Two years of experience in database management. Experience with Department Manager and Blackbaud/Financial Edge preferred.
* Knowledge of data gathering methodology and data input, management, communications, networking, analysis, and relational database architecture.
* Ability to understand the data needs of users and produce reports
* Basic understanding of research grant management process highly preferred
* Ability to meet deadlines and work productively in a collaborative environment Demonstrated ability to self-start, independently set priorities and anticipate information needed as projects and situations develop Analytical and database management ability sufficient to evaluate data needs, implement and maintain such systems
* Proficient with the use of personal computers, including: spreadsheet design (Excel), word processing (Word), and database systems (Cognos, Department Manager, Blackbaud).
* Knowledge of database design and implementation.
* Strong technical and business writing skills sufficient to effectively communicate data analysis findings and recommendations.
* Ability to accurately relay information and communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a tactful and courteous manner with peers, department management, research investigators and other healthcare professionals.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Salary Range: $19.70 to $32.88
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.