Requisition ID 2018-43136
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Department COM Biomedical Informatics Research
Post End Date 7/9/2018
The Database Specialist supports the expansion and maintenance of the collections of the National Cancer Institute’s The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA). TCIA is a service that de-identifies and hosts a large archive of publicly accessible medical images of cancer. The Database Specialist is involved in maintenance of data collections and use of open-source tools to maintain collection integrity.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
* Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
* Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
* Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
* Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
* Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
* Career Training and Educational Opportunities
* Merchant Discounts
* Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
* Reviews scientific data system submissions and ensures the quality and relevancy to the informatics databases.
* Ensures all submissions are properly formatted and structured and provides fixes as needed.
* Answers user questions via phone and email, responding to users requests promptly, accurately and professionally.
* Tracks requests through department project system tracker and resolves user issues timely, escalating issues if necessary.
* Provides system testing and feedback for system improvements.
* Documents changes and ensures systems function properly.
* Develops, updates and distributes training documentation, tools and resources that accurately identify best practices for using databases and software and ensures documentation is up to date.
* Creates reports for users as needed to progress the research process.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma/GED PLUS seven (7) years of experience in a research, radiological or similar science environment OR Bachelor’s degree PLUS three (3) years of experience in a research, radiological or similar science environment
* Completion of CITI training required within six months of hire
* Experience identifying protected health information and an understanding of HIPAA requirements for de-identifying patient data
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to write clearly and to edit documents for style and grammar.
* Presentation and public speaking experience
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or less
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.