Production & Operations
Job Family Group:
Project Management Group
The Projects organization in Production & Operations (P&O) delivers all bp’s medium- to large-scale projects on behalf of the P&O, Gas & Low Carbon, and Regions, Cities & Solutions entities. The Global Concept Development (GCD) and New Energy (NE) teams support project identification and deliver the front end of these new energy and resilient hydrocarbon projects, which requires making or recommending critical business and technical decisions when the outcome is uncertain.
Decision Quality (DQ) provides a robust framework to improve decision making under uncertainty. Elements of the framework are currently applied within bp, but there is a desire to improve the uptake and rigor of DQ within the projects organization and related functions through full application of Decision Analysis (DA).
The Decision Analyst will be expected to support decision making as well as assist in nurturing the growing interest in the DQ/DA framework through consulting, coaching, training, and building a track record of success. The position will require the ability to influence as well as a willingness to engage in “hands on” work.
The Decision Analyst will report to the Decision Quality Manager and support implementation of DQ within Global Concept Development (GCD) and New Energy (NE) and its promotion across P&O-projects and beyond, in support of better decision making. Specific accountabilities include:
- Participate in implementing the DQ strategy and execution plan to embed the practice in the way we work and in projects processes
- Facilitation of key complex framing workshops in new areas of the business and influencing follow up
- Developing models to provide decision clarity
- Coaching individuals and project teams regarding DQ implementation in specific projects
- Assisting in building a network of practitioners, influencers and change agents in different disciplines across bp to promote DQ and lead bp on the next steps towards Organizational Decision Quality.
- Supporting the DQ Community of Practice
- Assisting the DQ Manager coordinating with the Learning organization and external parties to provide appropriate training opportunities, as well as delivering training, to drive basic DQ skills in the general population and advanced training for advanced practitioners.
- Supporting collaboration with bp’s digital organization to provide a digital framework for enhanced decision making
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or business area
Essential Experience And Job Requirements:
- Experience in Decision Analysis
- Proven ability and passion for developing others and serving the client
- Passion for, and experience in, making critical business decisions under conditions of uncertainty
- Intimate familiarity with the DQ framework and experience in applying its elements in a project setting
- Ability to build requisite stochastic models in spreadsheet software
- Experience with decision analysis, simulation, and other analytic software
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Self-starter; inclusive and respectful individual capable of building strong relationships, influencing and collaborating with others; understanding the big picture and driving focus on what matters
- Able to interact and influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Useful experience includes:
- Breadth of experience applying operations research or management science techniques
- Experience in the hydrocarbon and renewable energy sectors
- Project management experience, especially in the early stages
- MBA or engineering economics experience
- Cross-functional interaction experience
- Experience in coaching and in organizational change as well as in consulting
- SDP certification, INCOSE CSEP, or INFORMS CAP credentials
At bp, we provide the following environment and benefits to you:
A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
Possibility to join our social communities and networks
Learning opportunities and other development opportunities to craft your career path
Life and health insurance, medical care package
And many other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Up to 10% travel should be expected with this role
Relocation may be negotiable for this role
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.