Deployment Engineer, Technical Support
The Deployment Engineer installs and configures hardware, Tyler software, and 3rd party software remotely and on-site prior to go-live phase of software implementation process. Installs and configures interfaces between Tyler Software and other applications. Troubleshoots issues of moderate difficulty that arise during these installation processes. The Deployment Engineer interacts directly with clients to meet and/or exceed stated departmental installation goals. This position is also a revenue generating position. This has a moderate impact on the company.
– Performs onsite or remote installation services for new and existing clients in accordance with the service work order.
– Installs and configures applications which run on a variety of server operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
– Installs and configures databases which include Microsoft SQL Server and IBM Informix.
– Installs and configures web servers and deploy web products to clients.
– Installs, configures and tests all components to the expected revisions and performance standards.
– Provides technical training to clients regarding software installation procedures as needed.
– Consults with other departments during various phases of sales and implementation processes to ensure that the correct hardware and 3rd party software are ordered and delivered during the correct phase.
– Documents results of service work performed for use by internal staff.
– Position may require either travel to client sites or off-hours coverage based on customer demand.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Extensive travel to client sites may be requiredResponsibilities
– Become a trusted client resource by providing service that consistently demonstrates strong product knowledge and work ethic along with respect for the client.
– Evaluate the severity of an issue and determine if management intervention is necessary to address a serious problem in a timely manner.
– Build rapport with clients to turn what may be a negative situation into a positive customer service experience.
– Manage and prioritize multiple and often conflicting tasks while working independently.
– Demonstrate effective communication skills with a wide range of clients, both internal and external, from technical to non-technical and from management to clerical. Focus on providing accurate answers in a pleasant manner.
– Work through technical issues with customers.
– Present to the client a courteous, highly professional attitude.
– Extensive travel to client sites may be required.
– Weekend work may be required.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or comparable work experience.
– Experience administering and installing applications on Windows or Linux servers.
– Experience installing or configuring the Microsoft SQL Server database engine.
– Working knowledge of server hardware and network configurations.
– Basic knowledge of web server technology, .NET framework, and SSL security.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
– Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.
NoteThe Deployment Engineer may be eligible for the following additional compensation:
– Saturday Service Premium
– Travel Premium
– Expertise Premium
– Cell phone plan reimbursement
Requisition Number: ********
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.