Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Civilian Health Solutions uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission in advancing biomedical research and protecting public health. Our team’s focus is ensuring our health customers have the right solutions to keep pace with an ever-evolving public health landscape and prevent the next public health crisis. To explore and learn more, click here!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos’ Civilian Health Solutions Operation is seeking a dynamic, mission-centric hands-on Desktop Platform System Administrator Jamf SM to support a federal agency’s large, mission-critical 24/7/365 enterprise MAC and iOS administration. The position may be on client-site in the Rockville, MD or Arlington, VA area. You are expected to possess exceptional communication skills, technical, and analytical skills. This challenging position requires an individual with demonstrated experience in resolving technical MAC, iOS support issues, ability to perform technical troubleshooting and provide data analysis to determine root causes of application issues. The candidate must possess strong communications skills and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Must have Jamf System 400 Level Certification.
- Serve as the primary technical interface for the Desktop Platform activities and desktop support technical activities, ensuring customer service is timely and accurate.
- Be responsible for the management of Apple devices (MAC and iOS mobile devices) to include setup of hardware and software.
- Install, upgrade, and maintain operating systems, software applications, and peripherals.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, system backups, and data restorations.
- Conduct data transfers from existing computer to new computer during replacement.
- Assist in the maintenance/ accuracy of Apple inventory of IT assets and ensure proper asset management.
- Configure and oversee network connections, data management, user settings, and security.
- Evaluate and replace malfunction hardware, such as memory, hard drive, and optical drive
- Coordinate periodic replacement of outdated and obsolete hardware.
- Conduct incidents root cause analysis and trend analysis and collaborate with the respective teams to mitigate them.
- Maintain documentation for software licensing and convey to information technology leadership when support or licensing needs to be renewed. Document by observing the PC hardware management lifecycle.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise whenever necessary.
- Make recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
- Document procedures, configurations, and troubleshooting steps.
- Support the heterogeneous environment using Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Lean IT processes, and industry best practices.
- Strengthen customer service and collaboration.
- Knowledge of the software used by the customer: Microsoft 365 products, including Project Online; Jira
- Support service improvement plans and SLAs to enhance the quality and efficiency of the support services provided to users.
- Active Public Trust Clearance or Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience supporting a service desk or IT support team.
- Ability to potentially interact with senior staff in the agency and scientific community;
- Ability to work/ collaborate with different contractor and government teams as well as industry and vendors with a high level of professionalism, good judgment, and tact.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible at juggling competing priorities. Must be resourceful and independent problem solvers.
- Experience within healthcare domain (preferably FDA, NIH, ARPA-H or OpDivs in HHS) is highly preferred.
- ITIL4 Foundations, HDI Certification
Pay Range $105,300.00 – $190,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.