At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that’s working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven’t been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The IT Desktop Support team assists co-workers, both local and remote, providing technical troubleshooting and resolution to all computer issues, software or hardware. As a member of the team, you’ll handle issues when employees are in high pressure scenarios and time is critical. It is important you’re able to keep composure during these times, resolving technical concerns for your colleagues.
At the same time, you’ll also be collecting information from our users to improve our processes – no system is perfect, and we seek individuals driven with a passion for improvement projects to create a better environment. You will meet to discuss needs for network changes and the feasibility of enhancements recommended by end users. Your voice and feedback are important, you’ll monitor technology trends and share your own recommendations for new tools or improvements into the company’s existing platforms to support our entire workforce in productivity.
– Provide technical support services for all aspects of user account setup and maintenance, system patching, antivirus, system imaging, break / fix on PC and Mac devices, video conference equipment, printers / copiers, phone systems, and general IT hardware and software
– Monitor and maintain computer systems, video conferencing and network within the office
– Follow SOP documentation and raise issues appropriately to higher level of staff
– Handle individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue via IT ticketing system
– Provide Mobile support for iOS and Android devices
– Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed
– Develop and maintain productive and professional relationship with user base working with every level of the organization
– Strong service-oriented mentality required
– Ability to quickly learn and cross train other IT team members
– Recent hands-on technical experience with Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Cloud Products (Drive, Gmail), MacOS High Sierra, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, system imaging, VPN, basic networking, network connectivity including 802.11x, PC and Apple hardware, and mobile devices
– Basic understanding of networking
– Recent experience with remote access and remote-control tools to support remote employees. MS Remote desktop, Zoom, etc. Works a lot with traveling sales
– ServiceNow, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, JAMF, LANDESK, Airwatch, Zoom Video Conferencing all a plus
– DoD Secret clearance or ability to gain a security clearance a plus
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at ***********************************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.