Desktop Tech Support Spec
Desktop Tech Support Spec
Company Quicken Loans Inc.
Location US-OH-Cleveland Opportunity Details Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of Best Places to Work for African Americans in 2015. We’ve been on Computerworld’s ‘Best Places to Work in IT’ list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You’ll Do/Need
The Desktop Technical Support Specialist ensures proper technology operations to help end users accomplish organizational tasks. Their duties include receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end-user help and incident requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require the individual to give hands-on help.
– Field incoming help requests from end users via phone and work orders, perform post-resolution follow-ups
– Document all pertinent end-user identification information
– Prioritize, schedule and escalate problems to the appropriately experienced technician
– Record, track and document help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken through to final resolution
– Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
– Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
– Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications
– Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
– Develop help sheets and knowledge-based articles for end users
– Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows XP 7/8, Linux and Mac OS X
– Extensive application support experience
– Knowledge of basic computer hardware
– Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
– Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning
– Exceptional written and oral communication skills
– Strong documentation skills
What You’ll Get
– Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
– Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
– Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit ***********.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance ‘Top 50 Mortgage Lenders’ report from Q2 2017.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.