ECS is seeking a Developer (Journeyman) to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
Support Dashboard Development for the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program. CDM is a dynamic approach to fortifying the cybersecurity of government networks and systems. Congress established the CDM program to provide adequate, risk-based, and cost-effective cybersecurity. ECS is looking for candidates to aid in the development of dashboard solutions to visualize cyber security related data: Hardware Assets, Software, Vulnerabilities, Configuration, Users, Incidents, Compliance Scores / POA & Ms, Risk Scores, etc. This position will work as part of an agile development team performing hands on development of the solution.
Successful candidates will have experience in designing, developing, and implementing GUIs, developing/using RESTful APIs for data access, and using message queue technologies. Candidates will be responsible for developing the web front end for a ‘big data’ stack.
– Must have a BS (STEM degree)
– Advanced level experience designing and implementing data visualizations. Experience with Kibana, Splunk, or Grafana preferred.
– Advanced level expertise in working within code repositories, esp Git/GitHub
– Intermediate level expertise with scripting languages. Python preferred.
– Intermediate level expertise with one or more message queuing systems. RabbitMQ or Kafka preferred.
– Intermediate level expertise querying data to include aggregations, calculations, and producing metrics from data.
– Intermediate level expertise with hands on configuration, tuning and operating of distributed data storage stacks. Open source tools including Kafka, Logstash, Beats, Elasticsearch, Kibana, or Splunk preferred.
– Experience evaluating new methodologies and technologies to meet requirements and deliver capabilities.
– Experience working on an Agile development team
– Contributor to open source projects
– Experience with ALM tools, esp Jira
– Experience with Elastic Common Schema or Splunk Common Information Model
– Experience with tools in both Linux and Windows environments
– Understand current cyber exploits, attack methodology, and detection techniques using a wide variety of security products including COTS and open source
– Experience creating data pipelines to include ETL and streaming data such as log data or tool/sensor data to indices. Experience with Splunk forwarders, Kafka, Logstash, Beats, or ES/Splunk python libraries preferred
– Cloud workload experience (Amazon Web Services, Azure)
– Understanding of machine learning, and it’s use in anomaly detection
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Job ID: 5194
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
ECS Federal, LLC
ECS is a leading information technology provider delivering cloud, cybersecurity, software development, IT modernization, and advanced science and engineering services. Driven by an appreciation for excellence and innovation, we take pride in a serving our military, federal civilian, and commercial clients with a collaborative approach to solving critical and complex challenges. Contact Info
– Fairfax County, VA
– Karleigh Chavez
– Phone: ********** x6151
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.