This position provides complex technical support to data processing systems through enhancement of related software and processes. Develops software and procedures that improve processing capabilities. Analyzes, codes, tests, and implements in coordination with management, associates, and end users. Serves as production system support by resolving issues and ensuring ongoing functionality. May oversee the work of less experienced analysts or assist in special projects as needed.
- System Enhancement – Performs a variety of actions that evaluate and improve department systems, processes, and applications. Utilizes programming specifications to construct modules, develop testing methods, and design materials. Provides new feature time estimates for system changes and assists in implementing modifications. Executes test plans to validate application functions as designed.
- Analysis – Collects data related to user requests and determines scope, time estimates, and system impacts. Inspects business specifications, programming specifications, coding, test plans, documentation, and implementation plans for accuracy.
- Business Support – Provides technical support to production systems by addressing reported issues, anticipating maintenance requirements, and ensuring functionality for end user needs. Drafts documentation to be used for system, end user, and operational purposes, including technical specifications and application designs.
- Technical Expertise – Responsible for complex involvement in the software development life cycle including the creation, enhancement, implementation, and evaluation of software. Serves as a technical resource for management, associates, and business units.
- On-call Support – Provides 24/7 on-call support via rotations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience in Software application development and maintenance OR High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of experience in Software application development and maintenance
- Preferred Education: Bachelor Degree
Preferred Area of Study: Computer Science
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.