Location: US-WA-Virtual Location – Washington
Job ID: ******
Company: : Amazon Web Services, Inc.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we’re hiring highly talented and technical DevOps Architects/Engineers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
– 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
– Experience with Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
– Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure, success in automating a real-world production environment and automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
– Experience with code deployment (tagging).
– BS-level technical degree; Computer Science or Math background preferred or equivalent experience
– Ability to travel to client locations up to 40%
– Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
– Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
– Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON and/or YAML.
– Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
– Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
– Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc.
– Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce).
– Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
– Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JMeter).
– Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST).
– Experience with enterprise application development or support within a higher-education enterprise and/or research setting.
For more information, visit
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
WWPS ProServe EDU
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.