As a DevOps Engineer on the Enterprise Solution for Finance Technology & Automation (FTA), you will be responsible for contributing and handling new innovations in project activities, while helping with troubleshooting and resolving operational issues that lead financial reporting and workflow applications across the company. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility. Enterprise Operations for Finance Technology & Automation (FTA) is a team within CXT Enterprise Solutions that is involved with the management effectiveness. The team is located in Philadelphia, West Chester and Chennai, India, and is responsible for improving effectiveness for financial systems within Comcast.
Who does the DevOps Engineer work with?
DevOps engineers lead all enhancements to the system and daily operations for the infrastructure. We run on-prem, virtual machines, security and vulnerability patching, workflow monitoring and management, infrastructure monitoring and forecasting, migration activities for Finance reporting systems link Revenue Recognition, National Revenue Share Application, Kofax RPA. We work with business, network engineers, systems administrators, and software engineers from multiple vendors. We’re a group of experienced technical minds who are the last word when it comes to solving problems encountered by our business teams.
Where can you make an impact?
You’ll be working on critical applications under Finance groups within Comcast to ensure financial reports and processing billing/payments to revenue share partners. Success is characterized by ensuring a highly available system and quick turnaround on the resolution of infrastructure issues, with fewer outages.
What You’ll Do:
- Ability to troubleshoot and address all but the most sophisticated issues. Performs maintenance activities with a minimum of supervision and guidance. Leads technical outage bridges and engages appropriate resources to drive issues to closure.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes. Ensures projects and initiatives are adhering to Company standards.
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensures successful project implementation.
- Maintain and support E2E applications, handle requests from the business team, and co-ordinate with operations and support teams.
- Experience in Change Management, Incident Management, and Triaging.
- Support Alert Management, Outage Management, Environment Management, New system setup, and coordination.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in the applications and provide root cause analysis.
- Participate in the security Threat model and address the vulnerabilities.
- Plan and coordinate upgrades with shared support team and business.
- Document System configurations, infrastructure, hardware, and application details
- Perform Ad-hoc data extracts, reports, and data analysis.
- Handle License renewals and debug failed automation workflows.
- Performs routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering and ensures all maintenance is properly validated to minimize impact.
- Train and assist new hires as needed.
- Act as a Scrum Master and conduct daily scrum calls to discuss/review action items.
- Assign Tasks to the Offshore team to coordinate with other departments to meet efficiency and 24×7 availability of applications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Here are some of the specific technologies we use for FTA:
- Lavastorm: Responsible for creating, troubleshooting, and improving company financial data mapping Lavastorm BRE, ensuring the accuracy of company records before auditing.
- Data360 Analyze: Build workflows on Data360 analyze to integrate Microsoft Share point and Azure Applications
- Install/Upgrade to new versions of Data360analyze in a testing environment and promote to production environments as needed.
- Lavastorm: Design, analyze, troubleshoot, and deploy nodes in Lavastorm and Data360Analyze for Automations, Complex calculations, and all ETL-based day-to-day activities.
- Lavastorm: Migrate Existing Lavastorm Graphs to new Data360Analyze nodes.
- Deploy emergency code fixes in liaison with the vendor for Lavastorm and data360analyze.
- UI Path: Design, Architect and maintain UiPath Architecture.
- Improve the Revenue run process by Automating the data flow process on Data360analyze.
- Create, Execute and Debug KapowKofax RPA automation workflows for calculating Vendor invoices.
- Maintain Server and RDS infrastructure in AWS environments. (Network, Security policies)
- Act as a DBA and determine issues with tables, privileges, and performance-related activities on Oracle, SQL, and Postgres Databases.
- Create, Execute and Debug Python workflows for Calculating Emissions.
- Onboard Azure Applications for SSO, API connectivity, and Microsoft Graph API Scopes
- Monitor Jira Queue and Assign, Update, and Action Tickets
- Responsible for HTTPS Certificate renewals.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, logistics, or a related field
- 4-6 years of programming experience as a supply chain systems engineer in a similar industry
- Experience writing core programming languages such as Java or C/ C++
- Experience with CI/CD applications such as GitHub, and Jenkins to lead application code
- Understanding how to scale applications depending on the load
- Knowledge of databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Azure MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Experience with web application development including dynamic HTML, CSS, and JS integration
- Advanced proficiency in industry-related supply chain management software
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain analytics and KPI measurement
- Extensive experience in supply chain analysis and optimization
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Superb collaboration and communication abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Employees at all levels are encouraged to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them detailed digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity!
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.