Gerdau is the leading company in the production of long steel in the Americas and one of the major suppliers of specialty long steel in the world. With more than 45,000 employees, Gerdau has an installed capacity of more than 25 million metric tons of steel and it is the largest recycler in Latin America, and around the world, it transforms millions of metric tons of scrap into steel every year.
Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod.
Gerdau Special Steel North America is an engineered bar producer headquartered in Jackson, Michigan with world-class steel manufacturing mills in Jackson, Michigan, Monroe Michigan, and Fort Smith, Arkansas, and metal processing facilities in Huntington, Indiana, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, Lansing, Michigan, Canton, Ohio, and North Vernon, Indiana.
With engineered steel bar producing capabilities in North America, Europe, Brazil, and soon to be India, the Gerdau Special Steel group is the largest supplier of SBQ engineered steel bars to the global automotive and heavy truck industries.
BASIC FUNCTION (Primary Purpose):
Work closely with Software Engineers to help them deploy and operate different systems. Help to automate and streamline the company’s operations and processes.
Scope (brief description):
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. As our new DevOps Engineer, you will be in charge of the specification and documentation of the new project features. In addition, you will be developing new features and writing scripts for automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
– Manage the methods of deployment (development, testing and production) and the processes and tools required to execute those deployments.
– Manage the continuous integration systems used to build digital products.
– Manage the software development tools used by the development team and ensure they are scalable and failure proof.
– Create failure management processes and tools so outages can be handled without causing a loss of delivery.
– Champion changes to tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team.
– Manage issue tracking and agile development tools (Atlassian JIRA).
– Automate parts of the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools.
– Document processes and user guides for integrated tools and scripts.
– Devise and develop analytical methods and tools to measure the efficiency of products and processes.
– Advise on new technologies and methodologies by becoming an expert in emerging technologies and tools.
Qualifications and Educational requirement(s):
– Educated to degree standard in Computer Science or (or similar engineering discipline) equivalent.
– Should have experience operating in virtual environments.
– Should have experience with both Windows and Unix based operating systems
– Must have a good knowledge of deployment and configuration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Chef).
– Must have a good working knowledge of source control technologies (e.g.Git, subversion).
– Must have a good working knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby)
– A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
– Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
– Team player
– Good time-management skills
– Interpersonal and communication skills
– At least 3 years of professional experience
Salary & Benefits
– Medical and Prescription
– Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
– Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
– Health Advocate Services
– Employee Assistance Program
– Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at ************** or [Click Here to Email Your Resum].
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: US*269_******
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Our history dates back to 1901, when we started as a nail factory in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, we have hundreds of locations in 14 countries around the world and our products are present in the daily lives of millions of people. Annually, millions of tons of scrap are recycled and turned into quality steel, which serves the construction, industrial, agricultural and automotive sectors. We believe our steel has the strength of transformation, and since the beginning of our history, we have aimed to transform lives. Steel turns projects into reality, developing communities and making them better places to live. We are the leading producer of long steel in the Americas, and one of the largest suppliers of special long steel in the world. Additionally, we are the largest supplier to the automotive industry worldwide. In Brazil, we also produce flat steel and iron ore, which expands our product mix and improves the competitiveness of our operations. Contact Info
– Tampa, FL
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.